Senior Systems Engineer, Monitoring Platform at RingCentral
Some people go to work.
At RingCentral, you’ll change the way the world works.
RingCentral is the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Enterprise Sales Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join the RingCentral Operations Intelligence team. The person will be responsible for maintaining and operating a top-notch monitoring platform which includes ElasticSearch stack, InfluxDB stack, Zabbix and other services. Our team is focused on providing the actual operational state of the system to the company's teams and tools: from collection and storing of metrics and logs - to alerts correlation and presentation. The ideal candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s monitoring infrastructure to support our next generation of products and monitoring initiatives.
- Primary responsibility is to maintain monitoring infrastructure availability
- Make changes to the monitoring system according to the company’s needs and processes, using our configuration management tool set
- Participate in new projects from design to implementation
- Stay on top of capacity requirements in our fast-growing environment
- Implement code (scripts) required for sub-systems integrations
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Excellent Linux administration experience, including use of scripting languages (see below)
- Scripting languages experience in order of preference: Go, Python, PHP, Perl, bash
- Understanding of platform monitoring domain and SaaS approaches
- Experience in implementing and operating of monitoring systems in large heterogeneous environments
- Thorough knowledge in one of configuration management tools
- Experience with one of agile development approaches
- Ability to work in a diverse multicultural environment
- Good communication skills
- Team player with self-starting ability
Preferable technology stack
- OS: Linux (CentOS/RedHat/Oracle Linux)
- Cloud: AWS, GCP
- Containerization: Kubernetes
- Distributed Log: Kafka, ELK stack
- Monitoring: Zabbix, Prometheus, CloudWatch, Grafana
- DBs: InfluxDB, ClickHouse, VictoriaMetrics, MongoDB
- Configuration Mgmt: Ansible, Terraform
- VCS: GitLab
- HA: keepalived, HAProxy
- B.S in CE/CS or related field, with 5 years of related professional experience
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, and meditation classes
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
RingCentral’s Partner team crafts, builds and collaborates with our partners to evolve our programs and deliver the best possible outcomes for our partners, teams and company. That’s why RingCentral is the #1 global cloud-based communications provider because we’re not just selling solutions; we’re changing the nature of communications. That’s why we’re the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in our space, with a market capitalization of over $18 billion, 30%+ annual growth and a $1.5 billion annual revenue run-rate.
RingCentral’s work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.