Technical Lead, Media at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
We are looking for a Technical Lead, Media to join our engineering team to push the envelope as our portfolio grows. You will be responsible for Creating and reviewing architectural and technical design of real time audio and video components. In this role, you will have an opportunity to use your extensive expertise in audio/video WebRTC to build and optimize our mobile conference solution.
- Create and review architectural and technical design of real time audio and video components.
- Analyze and troubleshoot audio, video problems reported in feedback or by customers, and support customer success
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Research and evaluate the new video technology and apply to RC application.
- Tune and improve the voice quality on Android and iOS devices
- Build robust, high performance, well-structured cross platform foundation library, which will be utilized on iOS, android and desktop platforms
- PoC of key technology and innovative ideas.
- Continuously research, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced understanding of data structures, algorithms, and OOP design paradigm.
- 3+ years C++ development experience
- Have 1-year WebRTC experience
- Familiar with Mobile development
- Familiar Native cross platform SDK development experience (iOS, Android and Desktop)
- Familiar with any of the RTP, UDP, SIP, SDP protocol is a plus
- Familiar with H264/H265, VP8, VP9, AV1 is a plus
- Familiar with echo cancellation and noise suppression technology
- Familiar with congestion control, package loss, jitter technology.
- Experience in creating or participating in architectural design of a major project
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills proven by resolving difficult technical issues
- Familiar with agile development cycle and continuous integration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.