Dispute Experience Manager at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the role:
As a Dispute Experience Manager, you’ll be joining our rapidly-growing Risk Operations Team to help us maximize the operational efficiency of our cardholder Claim Intake program, minimize losses, and ensure regulatory compliance. You will work cross-functionally with our Product, Analytics, Member Services, and Compliance Teams, and lead a team in the refinement and execution of our voice and written Claim Intake Operations. The ideal candidate is process improvement champion, who will drive innovation throughout the claim intake lifecycle. You will ensure our internal and remote teams have the tools, procedures, and leadership necessary to deliver an excellent member experience. As a card issuer claim operations expert, we’ll rely on you to help us ensure our Claim Intake Operations are timely, accurate, and compliant, and that we are well-positioned to scale our operations as we grow to serve tens of millions of Chime members.
- Collaborate with internal and third party teams to ensure the timely execution of Claim Intake Operations in accordance with Federal Regulations E and Z, NACHA Operating Rules, payment network (Visa, MasterCard) rules, and other applicable regulations
- Identify and resolve Claim Intake Operations process issues. Team up with product, analytics, member services, and compliance teams to justify proposed changes through forecasting the impact to customer experience, regulatory/reputational risk, operational expenses, and/or fraud losses
- Celebrate excellent performance and empower your team to improve areas of opportunity. Hire and train new team members as the business grows.
- Assess your team’s ability and progress toward achievement of performance goals. Regularly prioritize the highest impact initiatives, and communicate what needs to fall to management and stakeholders.
- Work closely with finance and workforce management teams to assess our operational readiness and ensure we can support Claim Intake Operations as we scale existing and new products
- Analyze productivity and quality assurance reporting to identify performance improvement opportunities and training deficiencies, and team up with your Training and Quality Assurance counterparts to execute on those opportunities
- Coordinate procedure changes across internal and third party Claim Intake teams. Champion our change management process to ensure operational alignment and consistent execution.
- Support internal and external audits and due diligence requests
- Minimum of four years of financial services experience, with at least two years in a management role which included the sourcing and hiring, as well as providing ongoing coaching and feedback to team members.
- At least one year of experience in cardholder dispute operations, preferably supporting Issuer dispute operations
- At least one year of experience managing BPO customer support operations
- Believe it’s integral to lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- You have a passion for identifying problems and finding the best possible solution. Automation and optimization are two of your greatest strengths.
- You can analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and issues drawn from facts and apply complex legal and regulatory requirements in a manner that is technically competent
- You can foster a cohesive and creative work environment with internal and remote teams, and across time zones
- You love knocking out the tasks on your checklist - you possess strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- A strong desire to work for a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills
- Dashboarding experience using data visualization tools such as Looker a plus
- Basic SQL experience and a desire to grow this competency a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.