Some people go to work.
At RingCentral, you’ll change the way the world works.
RingCentral is the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Finance Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
We are looking for a Revenue Manager that will be a key Finance liaison for the Sales, Legal and Business Development teams in reviewing new business deals and arrangements for appropriate financial and revenue recognition considerations. In addition, the Revenue Manager will be play a key role in ensuring revenue is calculated timely and accurately.
- Global partner and the Revenue subject matter expert collaborating with Sales, Legal, and Business Development teams to review and evaluate the impact of draft contracts for revenue recognition with a primary focus on reseller, agent and partner contracts
- Provide technical accounting guidance in negotiating and structuring deals to provide operational efficiency and optimum revenue yield
- Act as the primary technical accounting resource for the company by researching, resolving and documenting accounting issues that arise during contracts review and new product introduction
- Evaluate customer contracts to ensure that revenue is recognized accurately in accordance with accounting rules
- Develop whitepaper or accounting memos to support Company’s position or policy election on certain revenue recognition issues
- Work with the FP&A team to provide revenue assurance in the pricing models and new product introductions
- Provide technical accounting assistance with special projects
- Manage the process of maintaining and updating the Company Revenue Accounting Policy
- Be actively involved in the design and implementation of new revenue accounting requirements under ASC606
- Participate in developing and maintaining strong internal controls, ensuring quality controls over revenue transactions and reporting.
- Assist in developing end-to-end processes for new go-to-market motions
- Recommend changes to reports and processes to improve productivity and accuracy
- Manage month-end and quarter-end revenue close, including reconciliations and related fluctuation analysis and other reporting requirements
- Help prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors
- Manage VSOE and BESP and other revenue recognition related analysis
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firms and CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a public company environment
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing License, SaaS, OEM, and Professional Services contracts to identify revenue-related issues for resolution and proper accounting treatment
- Knowledge and hands on experience working with GAAP multi-element revenue recognition accounting standards including ASC 605-25, SAB 104, ASU 2009-13 and ASU 2009-14
- Working knowledge of the new revenue recognition guidance under ASC606\ERP System Implementation experience (a plus)
- Experience with SFDC and NetSuite (a plus)
- Demonstrated success with process improvement initiatives
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills, with a sharp focus on details
- Ability to effectively work with all levels and cross-functionally within the company, including Sales, Legal, and Product Management
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter Benefits
- 401K match and ESPP
- Flexible PTO
- Wellness programs including 1:1 wellness coaching through TaskHuman and meditation guidance through Headspace
- Paid parental leave and new parent gift boxes
- Pet insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
- Rocket Lawyer services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
- Employee bonus referral program
RingCentral’s Finance team gives you an incredible opportunity to manage stratospheric growth and learn from the best. It’s an unmatched opportunity to put your professional and personal growth on an upward trajectory. You’ll lead change at a $1.5 billion company that’s growing 30% every year—in a people-first environment designed to power your career.
Our work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.