Senior/Revenue Manager at RingCentral
Senior Manager, Revenue
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
Department: Accounting, Tax and Treasury
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration, and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together. We’re the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in our space - growing at more than 30% every year, with a market capitalization of over $25 billion!
RingCentral Finance careers provide unmatched opportunities for professional and personal growth. You’ll lead change. Build new systems and processes. Collaborate with and learn from the best.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork.
We’re winning, together.
We are looking for a skilled and professional individual for the Senior Revenue Manager role. Reporting to the Director of Revenue in Belmont, CA, this position has a critical and highly visible role in the process design, implementation, documentation and accurate recording of revenue. The Senior Revenue Manager has ownership of all accounting aspects of revenue recognition and must understand, analyze and communicate financial impacts to revenue throughout the organization.
Top 3 Skills:
- Hands on experience in working remotely with cross functional teams (Sales, Legal, Operations, deal desk etc.) in reviewing the revenue deal structure and coordination with Revenue team in head office
- Strong understanding of end to end process (including design, implementation or testing) of Order to cash process at mid/large size public Company
- Experience in handling large volume of data and applying data analytics as part of close process or in public accounting
- Global partner and experience in collaborating with Sales, Legal, and Business
- Develop team to review and evaluate the impact of draft contracts for revenue recognition
- Provide technical accounting guidance and support to onsite team in performing recurring revenue close tasks to drive operational efficiency
- Act as the primary resource for managing the onsite team of 4-6 Revenue Managers and/or analysts
- Evaluate customer contracts to ensure that revenue is recognized accurately in accordance with accounting rules
- Work with the FP&A team to provide revenue assurance in the pricing models and new product introductions
- Provide technical accounting assistance with special projects
- Be actively involved in the design and implementation of new revenue accounting requirements under ASC606
- Participate in developing and maintaining strong internal controls, ensuring quality controls over revenue transactions and reporting.
- Recommend changes to reports and processes to improve productivity and accuracy
- Manage month-end and quarter-end revenue close, including reconciliations and related fluctuation analysis and other reporting requirements
- Help prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firms and CPA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a public company environment
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing License, SaaS, OEM, and Professional Services contracts to identify revenue-related issues for resolution and proper accounting treatment
- Knowledge and hands on experience working with GAAP multi-element revenue recognition accounting standards including ASC 605-25, SAB 104, ASU 2009-13 and ASU 2009-14
- Working knowledge of the new revenue recognition guidance under ASC606\ERP System Implementation experience (a plus)
- Experience with SFDC and NetSuite (a plus)
- Demonstrated success with process improvement initiatives
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills, with a sharp focus on details
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.