Learning Partner- Network Support at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki knows that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The Cisco Meraki BU Learning & Development team is looking for an experienced, driven learning partner to develop and deliver learning solutions to a global team of technical professionals. The ideal candidate is adaptable with a can-do attitude, has a passion for teaching, is experienced facilitating technical learning in a classroom setting, and willing to travel as needed (up to 15%).Responsibilities
- Facilitate training sessions as a live classroom instructor or virtual instructor over WebEx or other remote learning platform.
- Partner with managers, peers, teammates, and other Merakians to ensure curricular material, intranet pages, documentation, and other content is accurate and ready for participant use.
- Develop basic curricular material for delivery via WBT or ILT along with all requisite deliverables such as presentations, participant/facilitator guides, and assessments.
- Support curricular development efforts of instructional design teammates by participating in needs analysis, task analysis, and milestone review sessions.
- Coordinate logistics for each session by procuring materials and equipment, booking and preparing the conference room, scheduling guest speakers, enrolling participants, etc.
- Proctor knowledge and skill assessments.
- Track attendance, course completions, and other data to ensure accurate training records and report results.
- Skilled Communicator: To operate effectively in this role as a teacher and coach you must be approachable, dedicated, and enthusiastic. You will need to convey information (both verbal and written) in a way that is engaging and easy to understand using simple, concise language.
- Adaptable: You will need to be able to think on your feet and adjust to new conditions, curriculum, audiences, technologies, tools, environments, etc. to meet the needs of the participants and ensure a successful training engagement.
- Collaborative: Developing and delivering quality instruction isn’t something you generally do by yourself. You’ll need to cultivate relationships, socialize and share new ideas and ways of working, seek out different points of view, and invest in the success of others along the way.
- Organized: You’ll need to be organized and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Decisive: You can anticipate challenges and be decisive - you always get in front of issues, mitigate risk, and are comfortable making decisions quickly in support of the overall learning goal.
- Professional: You have at least two or more years of professional experience in a learning and development or technical role.
- Experience with enterprise support audiences, specifically in computer networks.
- Familiarity with the core technologies that power the Cisco Meraki portfolio of products and services.
- Understanding of network routing and switching, network design, network implementation, and API design and integration.
- CCNP certification or above
- Advanced degree in training and/or engineering-related field.
Are you wondering what it's like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a beautiful office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer for causes you believe in. Cisco Meraki has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.