Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
As the Compliance Manager of Policies and Procedures at Chime you will be responsible for developing, implementing and administering all aspects of; the Policy and Procedure framework, relevant guidelines, related trainings, and reporting enterprise-wide. You’ll ensure we adhere to current and emerging federal, state, and local agency laws, regulations, and guidance, as well as industry standard practice. This will involve partnership with internal teams, as well as collaboration with our issuing bank partner’s legal and compliance teams, to facilitate quality and innovative compliance policies and procedures.
As a leader and subject matter expert, the Policy & Procedures Manager is responsible for identifying and leading the initiative that establishes standards and implements procedures to ensure that the compliance programs throughout the organization are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting noncompliance with applicable rules, regulations, and legal obligations. The role will be located at Chime San Francisco headquarters or Chime Chicago and will report to Chime’s Head of Compliance Management System (CMS).
- Improve and manage the Policy and Procedure framework at Chime while executing against key company goals and regulatory guidance
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, keeping abreast of recent changes
- Develop the policy and procedure framework to include annual review timelines, reviews to determine potential gaps and assessments of such, including plans to remediate and/or enhance documents
- Develop trainings in relation to new or changed policies, procedures, guidelines, and protocol
- Organize and maintain centralized hubs for relevant documents and manage published documents made accessible to Chime employees
- Manage and control any compliance-related publication on client-facing platform(s)
- Provide guidance to executives, staff, and employees on compliance policies, procedures, and requirements
- Provide exceptional regulatory analysis and the ability to explain where and how rules, regulations, and legal obligations may affect Chime
- Provide exceptional writing skills in policies, presentations, trainings, communications, and reporting as it relates to policies and governance
- Participate in risk assessments of Chime business operations and lead development of an enterprise risk management program designed to identify significant risks and mitigating factors, and determine/develop any pertinent documentation
- Assess the business impact of new and evolving legal and regulatory requirements and developments to evolve Chime compliance and risk framework and strategy
- Participate in a multifaceted educational awareness and training program that focuses on the elements of the compliance program, policies, and procedures and ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent federal and state laws, regulations, and standards
- Maintain records and report on status and effectiveness of compliance policies and procedures to senior management
- Bachelor degree. Juris Doctor, AML/CFT certified, ACAMS, or CFE highly recommended.
- Have a minimum of 5-7 years of legal or compliance experience in the FinTech space
- Have specific knowledge of key law, regulations, guidance, and industry-standard practices including but not limited to UDAAP, Regulation E, Z, V, GLBA, SR-088, BSA/AML, Sanctions, InfoSecurity Frameworks ISO 1799-2005, ITIL, SDLC, PCI-DSS, GDPR/CCPA, etc. and associated regulations
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Speak and write clearly and concisely, adapt to the audience and express complex ideas in understandable and effective ways such as clear and concise reports, presentations, as well as speaking effectively to employees, members, vendors, and the public
- Skilled in interviewing, leading, directing, coaching, motivating, delegating, evaluating, counseling, recognizing and disciplining assigned employees
- Exceptional writing, organization, and communication skills
- Be action-oriented, collaborative and solutions-focused
- Work well with ambiguity, and multiple priorities while balancing the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Act with discretion, strict confidentiality and sensitivity toward issues and individuals
- Maintain a sense of humor
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally)
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of platform that provides banking services.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.