Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
As the Manager for Third Party Risk Management within the ERM Program at Chime, you’ll be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, management/administration of corporate wide third-party risk management efforts. This role will help drive and deliver effective third-party risk management strategies to support third-party evaluation, contracting, on-boarding, periodic monitoring, and off-boarding. You’ll ensure we adhere to relevant federal, state, and local agency laws, regulations, and guidance, as well as industry standard practice. This will involve partnership with internal teams, as well as collaboration with our issuing bank partner’s legal and compliance teams, to facilitate quality and innovative risk management solutions.
As a subject matter expert, this role is responsible for establishing policies, standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the third-party risk management program throughout the organization is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting risk and noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations. In the process, we fulfill the applicable legal, information security and regulatory requirements on behalf of the organization. We also work with business units to secure, risk assess and oversee all third-party services.
The role will be located at Chime San Francisco headquarters and will report to Chime Senior Manager of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Enhance the framework and methodology for assessing third-party risk by working with internal business units and other risk management domains as needed (i.e., compliance, legal, finance, information security, etc.);
- Develop and maintain enterprise risk policies and programs for third-party risk management;
- Design, build, and implement standard processes for risk assessment, due diligence, contracting, and other third-party risk management tools and capabilities;
- Track and monitor resolution of issues arising at third-parties;
- Develop key risk indicators (KRIs) to assist in reporting on status and effectiveness of the third-party risk and business unit compliance to senior management;
- Assess third party concentration risk and assist business units in develop third-party resiliency plans;
- Develop and coordinate training and communication to ensure that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent internal policies, federal and state laws, regulations, and standards;
- Assess business impact of new and evolving legal and regulatory requirements and developments to evolve Chime compliance and risk framework and strategy;
- Provide guidance to executives, staff, and employees on relevant risk management programs, policies, procedures and requirements;
- Drive and deliver commitment, support, ownership, accountability and results throughout the organization;
- Bachelor degree.
- Have a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience required and either has earned or is working toward certification in risk management (e.g., CRISC).
- Have specific knowledge of key law, regulations, guidance, and industry standard practices including but not limited to: FFIEC, OCC, CFPB, SIFMA etc. and associated regulations.
- Ability to manage others.
- Experience with data analytics, dashboarding and third-party risk management tools a plus (i.e., Looker, zenGRC, SQL, etc.)
- Be data driven to architect and analytically develop robust management monitoring dashboards to report on key risk metrics.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Speak and write clearly and concisely, adapt to the audience and express complex ideas in understandable and effective ways such as clear and concise reports, presentations, as well as speaking effectively to employees, members, third-parties and the public.
- Be action oriented, collaborative and solutions focused.
- Work well with ambiguity, and multiple priorities while balancing the interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Act with discretion, strict confidentiality and sensitivity toward issues and individuals.
- Maintain a sense of humor.
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally).
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.