Senior Product and Regulatory Counsel
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
As Senior Product and Regulatory Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance on financial product development initiatives. You will partner with other Chimers to develop new products, negotiate bank and other partner agreements and advise on legal risk and regulatory compliance. As we expand our offerings and our business relationships, your analysis and insights into the financial technology, banking and consumer finance spaces will guide and impact company and the financial health and well-being of our customers.
- Provide timely, concise and business-focused legal advice on federal and state payments and/or banking laws, rules and regulations, including UDAAP and BSA/AML.
- Structure, draft, negotiate and review agreements with various financial institutions and partners.
- Partner with and support our marketing team by advising on marketing collateral and product claims
- Provide ideas, solutions and insights on compliant new products that create meaningfully impact our customers
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and advertising laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with the business
- J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing
- 7+ years of combined law firm, government and/or in-house experience
- Familiarity and experience with the payments, banking or financial-technology (“fin-tech”) industry and related legal issues, including the laws, rules and regulations related to banks, bank partners, and/or the participants in various payments systems, including processors and program managers
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements
- Ability to be organized, detail-oriented, self-starting, resourceful, and flexible.
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Effective in developing positive relationships with internal partners (including senior company executives) and external stakeholders
- Familiarity and prior work with the laws and regulations impacting the banking, consumer finance or financial-technology industry is ideal
- Experience working with regulatory bodies is ideal
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.