Director of Content Marketing at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Are you an exceptional B2B content marketer looking for a company with a great mission where you can make an immediate impact? Then you’ve come to the right place.
We’re looking for an experienced content marketing leader who understands how the power of narrative can help our clients solve some of their biggest hiring challenges. This highly visible role will partner with brand, communications, product marketing and sales to establish and reinforce Upwork as a thought-leader, while driving awareness, engagement and demand generation amongst our target personas. This is the perfect opportunity to help build a world-class content organization at a fast growing company that’s changing how work gets done.
- Develop, manage and scale a global team of experienced content writers
- Create and implement a content strategy based on a deep understanding of customer needs, market trends and competitive forces - this includes the development of themes/topics, content creation, curation and distribution to help drive thought-leadership, customer acquisition and success
- Help the content team establish a content framework that ensures content is held to the highest standard of quality, is on-message, on brand and is leveraged to its full potential
- Own content measurement and track how content influences customer actions
- Manage content agency to ensure they’re producing work that reflects brand narrative and content guidelines
- Exceptional storyteller, editor and content producer with 8+ years of content marketing experience at B2B technology and/or staffing company
- Proven ability to set a strategy, influence buy in from multiple stakeholders and activate for flawless execution against a plan
- Proven track record of measuring content effectiveness throughout the funnel
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and adapt to dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Team player who can work effectively and efficiently with others
- Sales and Marketing (or PR) experience working with all levels within organizations
- Experience managing content strategy in global tech-driven companies
- Knowledge of technical SEO
- Experience in the staffing industry or interest in the changing world of work
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.