Manager, Global Events Marketing
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our B2B team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm for Business is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
What You’ll Do:
As the Manager, Global Events Marketing, reporting to the Director of Demand Marketing, you will own the global events strategy, including live events, trade shows, conference planning, execution, and analysis. You will lead events execution for industry conferences, regional sponsorships, and Calm Business-hosted events to drive pipeline and qualified leads.
- Develop and lead global events strategy across all in-person events, from conferences to hosted events
- Design and execute exceptional event experiences for prospects to get to know Calm Business
- Create overall event strategy, evaluating the best events to sponsor, participate in and invest in to drive pipeline
- Develop program and event-specific goals, revenue targets, and SLAs to streamline effectiveness and pipeline generation
- Lead cross-functional stakeholders, sales, content, and campaigns to drive coordinated event programs
- Creating strategic campaigns aligned with integrated campaigns and product launches
- Develop strategic plans for pre, during, and post event in partnership with sales
- Understand event goals and processes to ensure cross-functional alignment, event success, and streamline effectiveness
- Set the Write content and copy for landing pages, e-mails, event promotions
- Learn about and support campaign execution, including list management and segmentation, email creation and distribution, and content as it pertains to events
- Engage in effective relationships with vendor partners; coordinate project details, timelines, work within cost estimates, and deliverables
- Support departmental operations, such as partnering with finance and marketing operations
Who You Are:
- Experience managing events professionals, events agency, vendors and contractors
- Experience marketing to HR benefits leaders, and/or healthcare related background
- Data driven revenue minded events leader
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness to travel, as well as the ability to manage events remotely
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Vendor management and contract negotiation experience
- A team player who is deeply collaborative, open to multiple ideas and perspectives, and sees the value of collective effort
- Highly creative
- Able to operate under pressure and manage multiple projects under deadlines
Nice to Haves:
- B2B Healthcare experience
- Experience designing and executing hosted conferences
- 3+ years experience managing people
- This role typically requires 8+ years of related experience
The anticipated salary range for this position is $139,500 - $195,300. The base salary range represents the low and high end of Calm’s salary range for this position. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidates skills, experience and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Right to Work
- E-Verify Participation