Marketing Operations Manager, Data & Compliance at Toast (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
About this roll*:
The Marketing Operations team plays a key role in Toast’s Go-to-Market Strategy. By conceptualizing and executing operational strategies and plays, the team supports the full range of Marketing functions. The team is a resource to team members and thought partners in developing strategy and technology investments.
The Marketing Ops Manager responsible for Marketing Data & Compliance will help drive key projects forward with a strong focus on data quality, segmentation, targeting, consent/compliance and governance capabilities within our Marketing technology. This newly established role will work cross-functionally with Marketing, Data, Business Systems, Product, Legal, and Compliance teams to manage & optimize programs, increasing accuracy, reducing risk and streamlining reach of our Marketing strategies. This person will report to the MOPs Platform Operations Lead and partner closely with all MOPs teams (Platform Ops SME’s, Planning, Campaign Operations and Optimization) to build, standardize, troubleshoot & enable scalable data solutions across the Marketing organization.
- Act as the main Marketing Operations point of contact for Legal, Compliance and Data teams and as the MarTech stack data/compliance subject matter expert.
- Partner cross-functionally on Marketing technology decisions related to data sourcing/access, appending/enrichment, quality/accuracy, governance and sizing/growth.
- Responsible for MarTech operations related to compliance, user access/permissions, consent, data normalization, field management, segmentation, targeting, etc. - includes scoping, program execution, reporting, troubleshooting and optimization.
- Support establishment of MarTech roadmap ensuring milestones align between marketing stakeholder priorities and tech implementations (ex. CDP) & architecture initiatives (ex. SVC)
- Drive MarTech data & compliance requirements working closely with Marketing Operations and Marketing’s Communications Governance + Strategy Leads.
- Provide oversight for Marketing projects with data connectivity requirements and direction on solution designs for MarTech tools, data connections and architecture.
- Develop and maintain source of truth and enablement documentation of Marketing’s data & compliance capabilities.
- Drive collaboration with cross-functional systems & operations teams to identify inefficient processes and apply automation technology and best practices to resolve.
- Support Marketing program owners in balancing current state build needs with future state scalability, change management and health of systems.
- Active member in sprint planning, prioritization, and understanding of scoping level of effort and personal capacity.
- Communicate effectively across teams to drive projects forward and share progress.
Do you have the right ingredients*:
- 4+ years of experience in a systems / operational role, working with Marketing tech and/or stakeholders.
- 2+ years of experience using customer data platforms (ex - Tealium, Segment) and marketing automation platforms (ex - Marketo, HubSpot) integrated with CRM (Salesforce.com).
- In-depth understanding and familiarity with domestic and international privacy laws, regulations, and standards, including but not limited to the CCPA, GDPR, PIPEDA, CASL, etc.
- Strong understanding in universal consent and subscription preference management.
- Understanding of complex, multi-relational data sets and Marketo custom objects/events & SFDC objects sync and experience creating efficiencies for end-user data usability.
- Proficiency with system integration principles, experience troubleshooting points of system and process failure.
- Curious and detail oriented; enjoys working with data and new technology.
- Adaptable and comfortable with a fast-paced work environment, works well under deadlines.
- Approaches work as an accountable stakeholder with empathy and understanding for colleagues and target audiences.
Special Sauce: (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with databases, data modeling, and SQL
- Experience operationalizing compliance and consent guidelines
- Experience with cookie consent management
- Experience with customer engagement platforms (Braze, Iterable, etc)
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
The base salary range for this role is listed below. The starting salary will be determined based on skills and experience. In addition to base salary, our total rewards components include cash compensation (overtime, bonus/commissions if eligible), equity, and benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].