Customer Support Specialist
Our Customer Support Team loves helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams. We work directly with our brand and retailer partners to manage everyday experiences and ultimately, make their businesses successful!
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will:
- Make it your mission to foster exceptional customer experiences across the marketplace
- Serve as the front line, go-to resource for customer questions and platform issues
- Support our brand partners with seamless order processing and fulfillment
- Support our retailer partners with successful product curation for their store locations
- Stay on top of internal policies and Faire product offerings in a rapidly changing environment
- Take ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, and escalate when necessary
- Understand business metrics to measure your personal and team contribution to Faire’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of Customer Service, Sales, or related experience
- Open to working a weekend shift (e.g. Tuesday - Saturday), and/or during “off-peak” hours
- Flexible schedule to accommodate business needs during peak season
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as we currently support through a variety of mediums including (but not limited to) phone, email, and chat
- Empathetic and understanding of our customers’ unique experiences. You must be passionate about delighting our customers every single day!
- Ruthlessly organized, disciplined, and comfortable managing competing priorities with care
- Confident adapting to rapid change in a metrics-based and performance-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task; this role will involve navigating and diagnosing website experiences while maintaining focus on the customer and their immediate needs
- Ability to quickly pick up a variety of software applications with ease. Experience with Zendesk or multi-line phone systems would be a bonus!
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 65,000 retailers to the Faire platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, Forerunner and Lightspeed; and we were named one of the top 20 YC companies by valuation last year.
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us.
Please note before submitting an application for the Customer Support Associate role:
As a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Faire may include video and phone interviews, test projects, and/or on-site interviews.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.