Risk Operations Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Risk Operations Manager will be responsible for constantly improving the effectiveness of the various processes across the organization from reviews, system, to management tracking. We are looking for a candidate that has an in-depth knowledge of risk with the view of maintaining a safe and engaging shopping experience for the end customer. This candidate will help us lead the industry in risk and payments optimization.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the Risk Operations function to a world-class level of customer satisfaction, efficiency, and scale by defining and implementing industry-standard policies, procedures, and automation tools
- Manage individuals and team performance toward customer experience, quality, and efficiency goals
- Use metrics and quantitative analysis to report on operational performance.
- Work cross functionally with product, data science and engineering to monitor, detect, assess and defend risks and threats to the platform
- Recommend changes to risk policies and guidelines
- Mentor peers and new hires and participate in the development of risk management policies
- Manage both onshore and offshore resources
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years working experience
- 2+ years experience of proven team management and leadership
- Prior experience working closely with cross functional partners in product management, data science and engineering
- A desire to build and grow a team of driven individuals and help them reach their full potential
- Passion for operations and strategic management
- A drive for solving problems, building efficient processes, infrastructure and tools in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with outsourced operations or managing services teams
- Experience working in eCommerce, Payments, or Risk
- STEM background
- Experience working in a startup
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.