Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
This is a unique and challenging opportunity to build a holistic taxonomy from scratch. We are looking for an experienced data driven taxonomy specialist that will own the taxonomy design to improve on customer experience and business functions. The high level goals are to reduce the rate of transaction termination, increase the rate of conversion and optimize the efficiency of business operations. This role requires close interactions across various functions of the company. This is an impactful position such that the performance of the role is closely tied to the company's top KPI's. If you are seeking meaningfully high impactful work, you may be the one who we are looking for.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and maintain a comprehensive and intuitive navigation structure to optimize for product discovery across all digital channels such as web, app, mobile, and tablet
- Work with both business and technical stakeholders defining category roadmaps
- Work with product, data science, and engineering teams to implement and iterate on the taxonomy model, automatic classification, and structured product data
- Work with data science or analytics team to develop regular automated reports
- Research the latest product categories and identify gaps in the product metadata
- Take ownership of driving the business metrics on the taxonomy
- Generate and communicate clear and accurate documentation for the entire company to reference
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 4 years of related experience in retail, eCommerce, or the likes
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Library Science, Information Management, Data Science or the likes preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience working on taxonomy and customer experience optimization
- Demonstrated experience in making data driven decisions
- Experience designing and carrying out A/B experiments is preferred
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.