Tier III Platform Support Engineer at RingCentral
Tier III Platform Support Engineer
Say hello to possibilities.
It’s not everyday that you consider starting a new career. We’re RingCentral, and we’re happy that someone as talented as you is considering this role.
First, a little about us, we’re the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Global Service and Support Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
We’re currently looking for: A Platform Support Engineer will become the know-it-all expert for RingCentral’s Platform services and API’s. The focus will be on supporting our Platform API software and the integration of applications and solutions with the RingCentral System. You will be the go to resources for end users and customers using these interfaces. Working hand in hand with the Engineering teams you will ensure complete customer satisfaction in resolving our customer’s queries. Leveraging your deep product expertise and advanced troubleshooting skills, you will coach and mentor technical support advocates (Tier-2 / Tier-1) on the team
To succeed in this role you must have experience in:
- Provide advanced technical post-sales support and guidance.
- Answer how-to and setup related questions escalated from Tier-2 support team
- Track bugs and escalate to Engineering for resolution
- For bug fixes and product changes, assist Product Managers on specifications, prioritization, user testing and early adopter programs
- Identify product enhancement opportunities based on support trends
- Analyze reported issues, production outages, production logs, and customer feedback to identify ways to enhance our product as well as make support processes more effective
- Meet and communicate regularly with the Engineering teams, updating them on product needs from customer perspective, and align your understanding about the product vision
- Be the liaison for regular communication between various engineering teams and customer facing teams on issues and product changes
- Ensure troubleshooting guides, best practices and support knowledge base are up to date
- Work very closely with, mentor, and train Tier-2 / Tier-1 support team members
Validate and debug implementations and follow through on issues until resolved
- Experience with RESTful APIs, FTP, SSO, SSL and web services and mobile devices
Proven track record of solving complex technical problems with customers and engineering
- Manage customer expectations appropriately and be able to prioritize effectively
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success
Possess an innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a team player, and manage change effectively
- Proficiency with ticketing, bug reporting and other support systems
- Experience with agile development processes is a plus
- Knowledge of the RingCentral product and configuration is a plus
- Minimum of a BA/BS or higher
- Computer Science or other technical degree preferred
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter Benefits
- 401K match and ESPP
- Flexible PTO
- Wellness programs including 1:1 wellness coaching through TaskHuman and meditation guidance through Headspace
- Paid parental leave and new parent gift boxes
- Pet insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
- Rocket Lawyer services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
- Employee bonus referral program
RingCentral’s Global Service and Support team leads the post-sale experience for our customers—making sure their every need is met, and that they’re able to use our products effectively and easily. As our customers’ central point of contact, you’ll champion their needs, share deep product knowledge, provide innovative solutions, and build relationships that show our customers what powering human connection really means.
RingCentral’s work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.