Strategy Manager, New Business at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
As the Strategy Manager of New Business, you will report to our General Manager of Lending and Credit Products and help lead Chime’s expansion from beloved bank account to a trusted partner for our members’ full financial lives. Our team has worked to launch SpotMe, Chime’s fee-free overdraft product, and that’s just the beginning. You will be on the ground floor with the opportunity to build innovative new products. You will help develop our new product strategy from the ground up, build partnerships and vendor relationships to get to market, be a part of the team that operates the business all the way through to the P&L, and grow and expand our offerings at a rapid pace in the coming years.
By giving millions of Chime members access to the savings, lending, and credit products they need to thrive, you will play a major part in advancing Chime’s mission of financial health for all. This is one of the most important roles we will fill on the New Business team where you will help accelerate innovation and drive execution. We’re looking for a leader with the scrappiness, speed, and creativity of an entrepreneur, combined with expertise in analysis and execution. You will regularly engage with our CEO and executive team to drive our most important company initiatives, provide recommendations on strategic decisions, and effectively manage cross-functional teams.
If you have a track record of sizing, evaluating, and prioritizing different revenue driving initiatives, negotiating and managing successful relationships with external partners, and a deep belief that financial services should exist to serve members’ financial health, we want to meet you. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with experience in consulting and who is looking for a high-impact operating role.
- Take complete ownership of initiatives, managing the business case, strategy, scope, schedule, risks, interdependencies and decisions to allow us to enter the market as quickly as possible
- Create alignment with the executive team to develop the strategy for new products, revenue streams, and partnerships
- Champion cross-functional projects from concept to execution by scoping workstreams, involving relevant stakeholders and driving progress. For example, you may:
- Build the platform and consumer experience with our Product Management team
- Develop go-to-market strategy and lifecycle management plans with our Growth/Marketing team
- Create risk and pricing models with our Risk and Data Science teams
- Shape the financing strategy for our installment loan and other credit products with our Finance team
- Secure licenses and ensure regulatory compliance with our Legal team
- Create a plan for providing customer support with our Member Services team
- 2-5 years of experience at a top-tier consulting firm
- Experience at a high growth startup in a product management, strategy or business operations type role
- Track record of successfully driving projects from end to end (from building strategy to execution and optimization)
- Ability to clearly communicate recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences, effectively gaining buy-in from executives and peers
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally
- Collaborative team player - you go above and beyond to help your team
- A strong passion for Chime’s mission to provide members financial peace of mind
- Bachelor's degree
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.