Credentialing Specialist at Ginger
Who We Are:
Ginger’s mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle. We provide on-demand access to behavioral health coaching, video therapy, video psychiatry and self-guided content that’s proven to improve symptoms of depression and anxiety.
We are a fast-paced environment, learning and evolving quickly, so we can provide the best support possible to our members. This requires you to be adaptable, flexible, and friendly to a growth mindset. Our culture is extremely supportive, passionate, and committed. We’re willing to go above and beyond to reach our goals, to step in and help each other out across all teams, and to give and receive feedback graciously.
Ginger is experiencing high-growth and is seeking an extremely organized, detail-oriented and efficient Credentialing Specialist to provide support in credentialing operations. This position works collaboratively with multiple external behavioral health providers, health plans, and partners to ensure compliance with credentialing requirements. A strong communicator with an ability to build partnerships while holding self and others accountable in meeting commitments and timelines, with a sprinkle of tech-savvy and enthusiasm would do well in this role.
- Liaise between Ginger’s clinical network of behavioral health providers and partners in state licensing and health plan credentialing
- Collaborate with providers to seamlessly guide them through cross-licensing and credentialing requirements
- Proactively facilitate provider application completion and ensure compliance with state, federal, NCQA and health plan requirements, including obtaining, verifying, maintaining and updating provider credentials and renewals
- Track stages and timelines of provider licensing and credentialing, and maintain an accurate, organized provider database
- Collaborate with the Clinical Ops team and external partners to ensure efficiency and alignment in the licensing and credentialing process
- Continually evaluate the provider licensing and credentialing process to improve operational efficiency
- Contribute to team projects that enhance the provider experience and improve operational workflows
- Communicate responsively to provider and partner questions as they arise
- BA/BS in Social Sciences or related field; or equivalent work experience in a health care environment
- 2 years of credentialing and/or health care experience preferred
- Experience with a dynamic, challenging, and fast-paced environment a plus
- Strong working knowledge of G-Suite and organizational skills required
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excelling in a scaling start-up environment
- Self-directed & motivated
- High emotional intelligence and empathy
- Genuine connection to Ginger’s mission and behavioral health