Project Manager, Community Impact and Investment at Capital One (San Francisco, CA)
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Project Manager, Community Impact and Investment
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
External Affairs works with many external and internal stakeholders to envision and create a world of greater socioeconomic opportunity through advocating for an inclusive society, building thriving communities, and creating financial tools that enrich lives. Our teams include Communications, Community Impact and Investment, Community Finance, CRA Strategy and Program Management, the Government and Political Affairs Group, Regulatory Relations, and Strategy and Engagement. Through our teams, we have access to a diverse group of motivated changemakers similarly focused on the ingredients for a better future.
Capital One's Community Impact and Investment team is looking for a Project Manager to support the team in the delivery of high impact programs with a focus on innovation, ideation, program execution, learning and reporting, and relationship management.
The project manager will enable end-to-end program execution and ongoing management through the application of stakeholder inputs, and internal research and insights. The Project Manager will have both project and process management experience, thrives in a start-up environment and is energized by the ability to shape impactful programs at scale. This person will be a skilled communicator, comfortable managing through change, demonstrate judgment and organization skills, and serve the team as a culture carrier.
The project manager will dedicate 80% of their time to CI&I's Social Impact Program Execution Team and Capital One Insights Center, with 20% of their time dedicated to the the Capital One Foundation.
- Leverage problem solving and influencing skills to support execution and delivery of major grant programs and implementation of partnerships with a focus on quality, scalability, evaluation and mitigating risks
- Working with early-lifecycle opportunities, adding definition to their scope and objectives to turn them into tangible and purposeful delivery opportunities
- Establish appropriate governance over work as it matures to facilitate its progress, maintain the motivation of the team and to keep its stakeholders up to date
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management and delivery for critical, high-visibility and complex efforts in a matrixed environment
- Ensure projects and key initiatives are documented appropriately to mitigate risk and support on-time delivery
- Create and manage project, process and program documents and implement mechanisms to standardize their use, in order to maintain well managed programs (i.e. presentation decks, KPIs, workflow trackers)
- Strengthen current initiatives with business acumen so that they are adapted to achieve impact objectives
- Build relationships and partner cross-functionally with other CI&I teams, EA partners and other key stakeholders to drive project delivery
- Perform due diligence on program activities to meet legal and technical requirements
- Partner with the team to create frameworks and gather resources to enable the quick delivery of new programs or partnership initiatives
- Test and learn novel approaches and technologies to managing team projects and horizontal initiatives
- Support cultivating team morale and camaraderie from concept to execution through events, meetings, activities, recognition etc.
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- 4 years of Project Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- 1 years of experience in program and/or project evaluation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $99,500 - $113,600 for Sr. Project Manager
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).