Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
About The Team
The content operations production team handles localization and internationalization for a large volume of episodes of content globally each year. We work with every major content provider in Japan and an extensive network of production and localization partners to bring Anime to millions of fans worldwide.
Our team strives to deliver the highest quality product to the extremely passionate and dedicated audience that Crunchyroll has the pleasure of serving.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Crunchyroll is looking for a creative, detail oriented, and exceptionally well organized Project Manager that is passionate about Anime to join the team on a 3 month contract basis.
The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing projects in Anime Dub Internationalization, Home Video product production, and distribution for Crunchyroll. This position will manage the complete production process from asset acquisition to production to distribution and will provide supervision to external vendors.
- 4 + years of relevant experience required.
- Localization experience is preferred.
- Prior experience coordinating projects in the equivalent of media production, post production, digital media, or advertising.
- Ability to make creative and difficult gametime decisions that will ultimately affect product quality and delivery timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and colloquial Japanese proficiency is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex projects with challenging deadlines.
- Professional knowledge of voiceover production, DVD and Blu-ray authoring, package design, and digital streaming processes.
- Technical knowledge of video post production software.
- Equivalent of Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent.
A day in the life of our Content Team:
- Manage Internationalization projects for Crunchyroll’s Intellectual Properties.
- Own all quality control throughout the production process of localizing Japanese Anime IPs into North American and international products.
- QC will include adapted voiceover script editing and audio mix review.
- Build and drive schedules that conform to the specific requirements of each project’s rollout plan.
- Supervise and drive third party production vendors to meet all delivery dates and production quality expectations.
- Vendors will include voiceover recording studios, authoring houses, streaming content partners, print manufacturers, Blu-ray & DVD media replicators, and translators.
- Facilitate disc product package design with external distribution partners.
- Own communication with internal production partners and interdepartmental stakeholders and see that CR’s brand strategy is implemented in each project.
- Drive approval process with international rights holders.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems and archives of all media assets associated with each project.
- Ensure that all materials distributed by Crunchyroll adhere to distribution partner and broadcast partner specs.
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- Competitive compensation
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.