Sr. Manager, Brand Protection at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to lead a team of Brand Protection leaders who are passionate about maintaining Wish’s strict policy against Intellectual Property violations. As part of the Brand Protection team, you will be an experienced advisor to help build brand protection strategies, operational efficiencies, and improve the team's performance. In addition, you will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to further enhance existing policies and scale Wish’s Brand Protection initiatives to deliver positive results. This role will report to the Director of Brand Protection & Intellectual Property.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee a small team of managers in conjunction with monitoring brand protection’s day-to-day operations
- Identify challenges and find creative solutions to tool or process inefficiencies
- Develop and build enforcement strategies to help ensure product listings meet policy and company standards
- Mentor and drive best practices across team members
- Focus on metric driven analysis, reporting, and decision making
- Work independently, effectively prioritize and manage your time as well as your team’s time
- Build positive relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct training sessions, presentations, and other special projects as assigned
- 6+ year of operationally-oriented and/or brand protection experience
- 4+ years of professional experience managing a team
- An excellent coach and team leader
- Experienced in brand protection practices and procedures
- General knowledge in intellectual property rights and protection
- General knowledge of brands and ability to spot branded products
- Self starter with the ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative e-commerce environment
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. Project management a plus!
- Creative, analytical and passionate about our company’s mission
- Experience working in eCommerce
- Experience working in a startup
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.