Trading Execution Services Specialist at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase’s Trading Execution Services team provides real-time product and operational support to our Prime Brokerage platform. Team members are at the front lines of helping institutional clients trade, margin and custody cryptocurrency trades. They ensure our trading systems are always fully operational from a treasury and counterparty credit perspective.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage and ensure timely loan and return settlement across assets and resolve related issues daily.
- Ensure appropriate collateral is agreed and transacted with counterparties daily. Calculate margin requirements to ensure compliance with internal and client guidelines, and provide reporting to auditors, management and clients.
- Ensure sufficiency management is reviewed with appropriate actions taken to mitigate borrow/lend risks to client portfolios.
- Establish procedures and perform appropriate controls (including cash, digital asset and collateral reconciliations), while exercising good judgment in managing risk and following escalation procedures.
- Build and maintain close relationships and partnerships with clients, colleagues (traders, product managers, technology teams, etc.), as well as with external service providers and counterparties.
- Develop expertise in local market practices through experience, training, classes and outside research, to ensure best of class service.
- Support the continued evolution of the Financing technology platform and global process model. Participate in projects as they relate to broader business product and system development, as well as process redesign and improvement.
- Seek to influence the evolution of the marketplace through participation in industry associations and initiatives.
- Settle OTC (over-the-counter) trades with clients and counterparties.
- Monitor cryptocurrency and fiat balances on execution venues and rebalance as necessary.
- Perform periodic reconciliations of internal accounting systems and external venue balances.
- Work with other support teams to troubleshoot trading, funding and configuration issues.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Professional experience (5+ years) coupled with strong operational background and the ability to multitask will be critical
- Understanding of financial markets and related instruments
- Familiarity with cryptocurrencies including exchange trading and blockchain transactions.
- Working knowledge and understanding of securities lending
- Solid regulatory background and strong risk awareness
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving/analytical abilities, research skills and able used to a high tempo working style.
- Adaptable communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a 24/7 support rotation with a global team.
Nice to haves:
- Programming knowledge would be desirable to help transform manual touch points and create efficiencies in the various workflows.
- Experience with swaps, repo, margin finance a strong plus
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.