Account Executive, Growth at Check (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Check is leading a revolution in the payroll industry. Payroll is the backbone of the US economy, and yet it has not undergone significant innovation in decades. We invented the embedded payroll space to change that (see: Check: Solving the $150 Billion Payroll Problem, Bank On It; Episode 438), both for the business owners who spend countless hours per week running payroll and for the millions of Americans who depend on their next paycheck. At Check, our mission is to empower the most innovative software platforms to create new payroll businesses, and enable those businesses to transform the way companies pay their employees.
Check’s culture is intensely caring: to each other as teammates, to our partners, and to the businesses and workers we serve. Our teams are made up of creative problem solvers and empathetic cross-functional collaborators who can simplify the complexities of payroll. We bring hustle and grit to our day-to-day, while building enduring solutions and relationships.
Our mission at Check is to make paying people simple and our Partner sales team lies at the heart of accomplishing that mission for our customers. We are seeking an Account Executive to join the Partner Sales team and bring an entrepreneurial mindset, technical sales expertise, and high integrity to the role. Payroll can be complicated, so we’re looking for an experienced seller who wants to challenge themselves at the intersection of several fields. You’ll need to become an expert in the emerging API infrastructure and embedded fintech landscape, but also in the decades-old world of payroll.
This individual will identify the right partners to acquire whose strategies align with Check’s, sign multi-million dollar strategic accounts, and build the foundations of our sales strategy. Some of our key partnerships include executing agreements with the CEO, CFO, CTO, and COO in vertical SaaS, HR software, the gig economy, and enterprise companies.
In this role, you will:
- Sell to Growth accounts within the software space and sign multi-hundred thousand dollar deals up to multi-million dollar deals
- Support all aspects of deal execution, including outbound efforts, sales execution, internal management, and contract execution
- Develop account plans for winning and expanding a book of business
- Develop outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Work with stakeholders across the Check organization in product, compliance, operations, and more to secure what is needed to close strategic deals
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders at new accounts
- Work with company leaders from multiple functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance) to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- 3-5 years of work experience selling in technology enterprise sales
- Direct experience closing growth accounts that involve 6+ month-long sales cycles
- Experience building relationships with C-level executives and managing accounts with multiple stakeholders
- Executive presence, clear and concise communication style
- Experience managing a complex enterprise sales motion
- Hardworking self-starters with a proven track record of closing multi-million dollar deals with partners
- Creative and persistent networker to locate decision-makers, build relationships, and negotiate
- Strong ability to assess product-market fit and prioritize initiatives based on potential business impact
- History of exceeding sales quota
- Experience working with technology infrastructure or fin-tech infrastructure preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to rally organizational support
- High energy level and intellectual curiosity in a fast-paced, start-up environment
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on your first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents and flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The expected annual salary for this role is between $117,600 and $199,320, dependent upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications. Additionally, this role is expected to be eligible for performance-based compensation of $50,400 to $85,400 in the form of commission bonuses.
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected] with “accommodations” in the subject line.
Check participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Check does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.