Sparrow is the first high-tech, high-touch employee leave management solution. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.). As the industry leader, Sparrow has managed thousands of leaves for hundreds of happy customers like Headspace and Figma.
Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone. Company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, complex to remain compliant, and time-consuming process into a 30-minute end-to-end experience saving teams time (20 - 40 hours per leave) and money (up to $30K per leave).
Sparrow is headquartered in San Francisco with remote employees across the country. Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented, and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
About the role
- Serve as a trusted advisor to HR professionals and channel partners by bringing them an innovative solution to managing leaves. Educate them on how Sparrow’s solution can solve their pain points, needs, and challenges.
- Drive revenue by mastering our value deck presentation and detailed product demo that covers how we help employers and employees with the complicated world of leave administration. Become a subject matter expert by simplifying the process through storytelling and articulating our pillars of value while understanding the competitive landscape.
- Leverage the best sales tech stack that includes Salesforce, Outreach, Gong, LinkedIn Navigator, Chili Piper, and more to accelerate the buying cycle while providing you data to enhance your sales skills. Close business and achieve quota attainment consistently.
- Be the voice of our customers by providing feedback to our cross-functional teams so we can improve our product and offering. Work closely with our implementation and leave specialists to ensure a smooth transition for new customers.
- A top performer. 4+ years of sales experience, particularly in SaaS markets selling B2B with a track record of consistently exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets. Bonus points for experience selling to HR professionals and working with brokers to drive referral business.
- Learner’s mindset. Highly self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback and implementation in a fast-paced, always changing environment that has high-performance expectations while working collaboratively. You have a desire to define and optimize our go-to-market for how we win more customers.
- Product-obsessed. Leave management is complicated, meaning that often, our customers have gaps in their understanding. Therefore, it is essential that you can educate the customer on how Sparrow can improve their process through value selling, software demos, and articulating an ROI across multiple stakeholders.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Clear, empathetic communicator able to balance rapport and problem-solving. You are great at communicating through email, chat, phone while displaying active listening skills and having strong follow-through and prioritization of time management.
Our work at Sparrow is impactful. We help People teams with one of the hardest parts of their job, and we support employees at a time when they need it most. We’re driven by our mission, much like a nonprofit, but with the resources and scale of a fast-growing venture-backed company.
Sparrow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. While we are united by our excitement for the mission and product, the diversity of our experiences is one of our strengths. The Sparrow team is made up of people with all types of backgrounds, and we have teammates in 30 states and counting. To learn more about the Sparrow team and its benefits, check out our careers page.