Business Development Director, Guest Experience Solutions at Sojern (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
The Strategic Accounts & Partnerships team at Sojern is looking for a Business Development Director who will be responsible for the identification, qualification, pitching, negotiation and closing of new partnerships which satisfy the implementation of the US, LATAM, EMEA & APAC partnership strategies, all aimed to accelerate new customer acquisition for our suite of Guest Experience Solutions products.
The Partnerships team augments the Sojern direct sales teams by partnering with industry leading hospitality technology companies, regional representation companies, hotel chains and agencies to source, negotiate and manage long term commercial, product and marketing alliances.
What you will do:
- Lead the day-to-day, pre-sales relationship with a portfolio of prospective partners, with a specific focus on PMS, POS, Ancillary and Brands/Key Accounts.
- Establish trust-based relationships with your prospects to enable new partner acquisition and industry leading product collaboration via API connectivity.
- To partner internally with various global stakeholders across sales, account management, legal, finance, leadership, operations and product.
- To monitor and report on downstream hotel acquisition and revenue contribution from partnership efforts for Sojern’s Guest Experience Solutions.
- To define account based strategies and execute against long term financial and product objectives.
What you bring to the table:
- 8 - 10 years of partnership sales and business development experience
- A strong background in the hospitality technology sector with a contact list across a variety of travel technologies including PMS, RMS, Booking Engines, POS, Ancillary and Brands
- A strong understanding of Guest Journey/Experience tools including reputation management, messaging and guest marketing
- Knowledge of digital media and distribution strategies across display, social, META and SEM
- An analytical mind, comfortable with multiple BI platforms, including SFDC
- Fantastic relationship management skills
- A strong presenter
- Adept stakeholder management
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
What we have for you:
- Flexi-Fridays: Sojernistas typically work a ½ day and we have no mandatory meetings on Fridays. To make this possible, Sojernistas ensure deliverables are met throughout the week.
- Flexibility: Remote and hybrid work options, so our team can enjoy flexibility and do their best work regardless of location
- Equity: Stock options are offered to every employee
- Tech: Monthly cell phone & wifi stipend provided, in addition to laptop and tech equipment for your home office
- Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks pay for non-birthing parents, beginning the day of joining until the child's first birthday. Where a local country has more liberal leave protocol, we happily comply! #embrace-inclusion
- Learning Opportunities: All employees have access to an annual L&D stipend, as well as ongoing training and support to help you grow while leading creative and challenging projects
- Sojern Gives Back: We regularly organize office volunteer programs with local charities and organizations, as well as provide 40 hours of paid time per year to volunteer
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Travel Perks: IATA membership and personal travel “hotel stay” benefit
- Recognition: We use Bonusly to allow our team to recognize performance and teamwork #deliver-wow #win-as-a-team
- Wellbeing: We take a whole-person approach to your wellness with Spring Health mental health benefits, a Wellness Coach, and Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off: Unlimited PTO (we are a travel company, after all!)
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents with healthy employer premium contributions
- Life and Disability: Life, AD&D and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance with premiums 100% paid by Sojern
- Medical Travel: Travel expense coverage for when medical treatment is needed that is not available locally
- Retirement: 401k available with company profit sharing contributions
At Sojern, we believe in the power of travel as a way to bring the world together. It is that passion that drives Sojern to build smart digital solutions that help travel marketers reach travelers efficiently, and increase long-term growth, customer loyalty and profitability.
Our customers include hotels, attractions and tourism boards, and they use the power of machine learning, data science and real-time traveler data in Sojern’s products to build direct relationships with travelers across social, mobile and the web. Now, more than ever, our thousands of customers rely on Sojern to drive visits, bookings, and ticket sales by engaging with travelers as they plan their travel.
As a globally distributed company, we are headquartered in San Francisco with employees based in 14 countries and counting. Our team is passionate about travel and the core values that define our culture: Win as a Team, Embrace Inclusion, Be Genuine, Deliver Wow, and Center Around the Customer. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
US Roles at Sojern based outside of our Omaha, NE or San Francisco, CA office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NJ, NY, NC, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Disclosure - Pre-Employment Requirements:
All candidates offered employment by Sojern may be subject to pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check. Sojern is compliant with all federal and local laws with consideration to pre-employment requirements.
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
At Sojern, we work to create a brave space that seeks out, embraces, and promotes diverse thoughts, beliefs, and experiences of Sojernistas globally.
We are building a workforce that represents the customer base we are serving and the world we live in. A diversified workforce is an innovative workforce. Just as there is no one typical traveler, there is no one typical employee. We foster diversity and inclusion across the company, actively seeking to amplify underrepresented voices and apply diverse perspectives to ensure products, policies, and programs are relevant for our employees and clients alike.
Embracing our differences and celebrating them moves us towards our goal of making travel inclusive of all. Sojern has employee resource groups which are the core of our culture, fostering belonging, inspiring learning, and creating opportunities for all Sojernistas across the globe.
- The DEI Council, which fosters diversity, equity and inclusion among our global team
- Sojern Gives Back, which organizes corporate giving and volunteering activities
- SoProud, our LGBTQ+ affinity group for community members and allies
- SoEmpowered, a group dedicated to advancing women in leadership and business
- SoFit, supporting employee health and wellness
We also have employee-run Slack channels for those with specific interests, for example parents, plant lovers or pets.
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sojern is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. Please inform your TA Partner if you are requesting a reasonable accommodation.