InfluxData has a strong commitment to open source, to learning with humility, and to getting stuff done. This is a great opportunity to experience day-to-day life in an exciting high tech company. We integrate our interns as members of our SCRUM teams where they will participate in our weekly engineering planning meetings and contribute using the same engineering planning, review, and testing processes as our employees. This provides an opportunity for interns to learn how commercial software is written. We value our interns for their injection of new ideas, new perspectives, the opportunity to meet students and prospective future employees. We are looking for interns to join any one of our teams, outlined below
- Storage: data storage and retrieval
- Compute: distributed workload management and scheduling
- Query: flux query language development and application
- API: user-facing and open-sourced developer tooling
- Deployments: systems to support continuous delivery and integration of new software features for our SaaS product
- Product UI: tools to query time-series database and display the results on dashboards etc.
- Ecommerce: customer onboarding, billing, account management services
We will provide structure, definition of goals, process, relationships, community, and a breadth of mentoring experiences to give students the best chance to succeed at their projects. Our mentors range from recent graduates of boot camps, to CS PhDs with several years of teaching experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to our open-source database projects
- Pair with teammates to deliver well structured production code with automated tests
- Regularly participate in code reviews and design discussions
What you bring to the table
- In progress (Junior or Senior) or recently completed Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or participation in a relevant coding bootcamp
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical curiosity and a strong desire to learn and improve
- Contributions to any open source project
- Prior experience and/or Interest in working with Go
- Experience with Elixir or React.
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Comfortable navigating Unix/Linux systems via terminal
It’s not expected that you’ll have deep expertise in every dimension above, but you should be interested in learning any of the areas that are less familiar.
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location. However, we can sometimes sponsor an internship (not FT employment) through university OPT/CPT programs.*
We currently support employees in these US States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.) If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state. Internationally, we support employees in the UK, Germany, Italy and Canada.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.