Insights and Operations, MBA Intern (Summer 2020) at Gusto
Insights & Operations: Summer Associate (San Francisco, CA & Denver, CO)
This is that high-growth, just-in-time startup internship that you waited out those consulting/IB/corporate internships in hopes of!
Our Insights & Operations team delivers strategy, operations, and technology to wow customers in moments that matter. As a Summer Associate on our I&O team, you will have the opportunity to drive strategic projects in partnership with our business leaders in Marketing, Sales, or Customer Experience; while experiencing a fast-growing, mission-oriented startup first hand.
Past Summer Associates have helped define our Marketing strategy, improved our growth acquisition and campaign efforts, managed the biggest product launch of our year, and supported our business technology strategy/architecture. In each, we have tailored the summer work to our business needs, what you are great at, and what you are interested in.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Serve as strategic & analytical horsepower for Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience
- Hypothesis-driven problem solving to drive our business
- Develop and manage project plans for company-wide initiatives
- Provide business insights and recommendations based on data that will drive our strategy
- Build and implement scalable processes
- Get your hands dirty and troubleshoot issues that arise
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Current student pursuing an MBA, expecting to graduate Spring 2021
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in operating roles at growing startups, biz ops roles, and/or consulting with structured business problem-solving training
- Grit, hustle, and fire for making things right ⇒ no one will outwork you
- Fast learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done
- Executive presence and ability to partner with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with intense attention to detail
- Deep empathy and obsession for our small business customers
- Demonstrated passion for helping others
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter. Recruiting will begin in mid-late March. In your cover letter, please include:
- A paragraph on why you are interested in this position
- A paragraph on something you do "with Gusto"
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.