Sustainability Intern at Unity Technologies
Unity believes that the world is a better place with more creators in it. We know that creators are change-makers and Unity is their platform for change. The newly-formed Social Impact Team at Unity is empowering our entire ecosystem to positively impact humanity through real-time 3D applications, augmented/virtual reality, and immersive media. Our Sustainability program is in its first year of operation and this internship will offer the opportunity to make meaningful, visible contributions to this new initiative.
Day-to-day, you will be working at the intersection of environmental sustainability and RT3D technology. You will engage with product marketing, operations, and social impact teams within Unity, and also with creators, researchers, and developers at other organizations around the world. If you are passionate about solving the climate crisis and are interested in discovering how technology can drive solutions, come join us!
- Conduct research on current and future sustainability applications of RT3D
- Support the Playing for the Planet Alliance (a UN-led initiative to bring the gaming industry together around climate change) through coordination and outreach
- Produce content such as case studies, green game guides, and summary reports
- Interview Unity creators and partners about sustainability applications
- Develop project plans and track progress against deliverables
- Current student pursuing an advanced degree in sustainable planning, policy, business, or management or related field
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Research experience, preferably with market research, policy analysis, or other qualitative social science research
- Experience or interest in program or project management and coordination
- Experience with G-Suite and productivity software like Airtable
- Motivated self-starter with a growth mindset
- Experience working or volunteering at an environment / sustainability organizations
- Experience with RT3D development or applications
- Ability to identify bold projects that push the boundaries of social impact technology
- Exposure to languages and cultures beyond the U.S. mainstream
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.