Director of Brand Marketing
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
- You will own brand positioning, purpose, promise, messaging and voice, and ensure that the brand is consistently expressed across all touchpoints
- You will drive the development of our brand advertising campaigns, awareness media buys and manage our agency of record
- You will partner with a dynamic team of marketers, creatives, product experts and other leaders throughout the company to bring our brand to life
- You will own brand health metrics, and be responsible for growing brand awareness and YOY improvements and optimizations of our brand awareness media strategy
- You will be a customer champion, ensuring the voice of the customer is represented in all we do
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 6+ years experience as a brand strategist with expansive brand and advertising experience
- You’ve delivered compelling stories - written and verbal in front of audiences of all sizes
- Creative thinker with exceptional writing skills
- Experience developing brand platforms, including positioning, messaging, purpose, promise, value propositions, etc.
- Upbeat, can-do attitude to take on whatever challenge is thrown your way!
How to really knock our socks off:
- Staffing industry/talent platform experience and/or two-sided marketplace experience
- Media buying and brand ad campaign experience