Senior Growth Manager, B2B at Grammarly
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Growth Manager, B2B to join our Growth team. The SGM will devise and drive initiatives and experiments that propel the growth of Grammarly’s self-serve and enterprise sales businesses.
The SGM will seek to understand the customer journey for admins and users, identifying the greatest points of leverage and mobilizing various teams (Product, Lifecycle, Data, Acquisition, and others) to systematically increase self-serve adoption and revenue. With a vast consumer user base to leverage, the SGM will work with Growth counterparts on the consumer business to develop the connective tissue that accelerates Grammarly’s move upmarket. They will also inform product strategy to unlock product-led growth opportunities.Your impact
Immense growth of the relatively new B2B business lines is a crucial component of Grammarly’s long-term vision. As one of our first B2B-focused hires, you will bring experience that enables the team to confidently and efficiently grow the self-serve and enterprise sales lines. In this role, you will build and scale pivotal new revenue streams for an established consumer brand that has an opportunity to help millions of businesses communicate and collaborate more effectively.
- Within the first 30 days, you will map out the customer journey for various players: the employee who advocates for Grammarly internally; the admin who creates a team account and sends out invites; the team lead who aims to increase productivity. You will identify the points of highest leverage and develop a plan of attack.
- Within the first three months, you will lead cross-functional project teams on growth initiatives. You will ensure that we’re assembling the necessary resources and tooling. You will partner with the executive team to coordinate on strategy and revenue projections.
- Within the first six months, you will partner with the self-serve product team to develop features and hooks that become the connective tissue between our consumer and business products.
- Within your first year, you’ll develop the automated system through which prospective customers are segmented and assigned to various lifecycle, product, and sales processes.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Possesses strong B2B growth strategy chops and understands how product and marketing can combine to drive results.
- Has experience using their excellent collaboration and project management skills to lead cross-functional teams in translating strategy into execution.
- Relishes the analytical aspects of Growth: employing models to pinpoint priorities and opportunities; combing through data to better understand user behavior; seeing the ROI on time and effort in addition to capital.
- Is relentlessly customer-focused and motivated to create smooth experiences and deliver maximum value to teams, users, and admins.
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.