Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an SMB Product Marketing Manager to join our Product Marketing team. The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) will play a critical role in driving the success of Grammarly Business within the SMB segment. They will be responsible for understanding the SMB audience and developing strategies that will accelerate our self-serve business. The PMM will develop positioning and messaging that connects SMB buyers with our product, and will inform and influence the product roadmap to create compelling value for our target companies.
They will partner closely with the Product, Growth, and Marketing teams to run ongoing integrated campaigns and experiments to generate demand and expand our self-serve business rapidly. The PMM will also partner closely with their counterpart product managers to launch new features and to create and execute a product launch strategy within the broader marketing ecosystem. They will also lead the charge in identifying flagship customers and building strong business cases that will continue to establish Grammarly Business as a credible B2B brand in the market.Your impact
- You will play a critical role in establishing a successful B2B business (in a historically consumer-focused company) by shaping the Grammarly Business offering and roadmap to acquire new types of SMB companies.
- As an early member of the team, you will have the unique opportunity to help build Product Marketing from the ground up, which will include internal education and consensus-building.
- You will create a culture of incorporating the customer voice into the product planning and decision-making throughout the organization.
- In the first few weeks, you will meet the team and familiarize yourself with Grammarly Business. You will gain insight into product priorities, ongoing marketing campaigns, and upcoming launches. You’ll also establish relationships with key collaborators across Sales, Marketing and Product.
- By month three, you will work to identify near- and medium-term focus areas that balance upcoming Grammarly Business milestones with quick wins for the function. You will start to develop a deeper understanding of our SMB buyers through research. You will also partner closely with the Product team to execute on a joint product roadmap informed by experiments, market validation, and insights.
- By month six, you will develop a process for collecting insights from SMB users and using them to inform product roadmaps. You will work with the broader Marketing team to drive SMB demand through various ongoing campaigns.
- By year one, you will start to become a key curator of customer insights and will be able to confidently influence the organization’s decisions with data. You will become the connective tissue between Grammarly individual paid plans and Grammarly Business by developing the customer’s journey from the individual consumer to a member of an employer-sponsored group license.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Can manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and moving timelines.
- Incorporates customer insights into product positioning and considers the target audience, pain points, and unique differentiators.
- Understands marketing fundamentals and best practices for SMB marketing, including growth, acquisition, lifecycle, content, and brand.
- Can pull meaningful insights from both quantitative and qualitative data, and is familiar with foundational methods of research and data gathering: interviews, surveys, focus groups, and support/social.
- Understands how to connect a SaaS product with the SMB audience and how to evaluate success with clear, measurable metrics.
- Has led successful product launches and has activated Marketing, PR, and other teams around a campaign.
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.