VP, Product Marketing (San Francisco, CA)
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is looking for a highly experienced product marketing leader to lead our global product marketing strategy and execution. The VP of Product Marketing will be responsible for driving customer and revenue growth by strengthening our leadership position in the market with a differentiated go-to-market strategy, driving better engagement with prospects, users, and buyers and garnering market insights to inform product strategy and sales execution. Key performance indicators will include improving growth metrics (revenue, market share), product activation, competitive win rates and expansion plays. This role requires building strong cross-functional partnerships with teams including product, sales, success, community and rest of marketing to create long-term value for our customers and business.
This role also requires a proven ability to execute strategically with a focus on measurable outcomes, building and developing a high-performing team in a fast-growing SaaS company and experience in driving business transformation. As a critical thinker and catalyst for change, this person will develop and drive key initiatives and cross-functional programs required to increase revenue. This role will report to the Chief Business officer.
- Create highly differentiated go-to-market strategy with key stakeholders to strengthen our leadership in the customer engagement space across all products and segments
- Drive competitive differentiation through playbooks
- Develop compelling messaging frameworks consistent with the top line company narrative
- Develop meaningful customer insights and personas for all audiences; understand the buyer, pain points and differentiated value
- Create a feedback loop between product / marketing / sales to translate market feedback
- Develop sales tools and enablement that will increase sales productivity and learnings
- Further establish value and trust for the product marketing organization; specifically with product, sales and marketing teams
- Empower the team - clearly articulate goals for success and provide resources and air cover to execute against those goals
WHO YOU ARE
- Proven success leading product marketing in a multi product SaaS company
- Successfully positioned a company across various segments
- Respected leader who has hired and managed high performing, cohesive marketing teams including during times of organizational change.
- Success working in dynamic, fast moving, evolving technology organizations
- Proven ability to influence senior executives and build trust and mutual respect across functions and across all levels of the organization.
- Great communication and presentation skills, with a knack for presenting complex concepts in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mentality with experience working on complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams. Creative approach to new ideas, experimentation with new initiatives that fuel growth
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $220,000 and $275,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $245,000 and $310,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #19 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.