Business Operations Manager at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
Business Operations is a new function at Chime. We drive operational excellence to empower our teams to efficiently and effectively deliver value to our members at scale. We are looking for a strong operator, self-starter, and exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated track record of driving enterprise-wide change. You’ll interface with leaders across the business, building a deep understanding of how the company operates. As a founding member of this function, you’ll develop and implement tools, processes, and best practices, ultimately setting the bar for how we operate as a company.
- Serve as one of the founding members of a new function, helping to build the foundation and grow the team
- Be a thought partner in building a high-performance culture
- Build relationships across the business at all levels, developing a deep understanding of how the company operates and major pain points
- Define end-to-end cross-functional processes
- Identify tools and develop future-oriented processes and best practices to support organizational scale and rapid growth
- Effectively manage change in implementing new tools, processes, and best practices
- Champion and run retrospectives and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Act as an internal consultant to various functions to drive operational improvements
- Manage strategic projects
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in business operations, management consulting, and/or program management
- Has seen efficient and effective company operations at 1000+ employees
- Experience managing and improving operational processes at scale while leveraging technology
- Able to translate large amounts of user information and business requirements into simple, well-designed solutions
- Strong project management skills
- Comfort with data analysis using tools such as Looker, Excel, etc.
- High EQ and ability to drive buy-in, decision making, and action
- Possesses a growth mindset and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong communication - exceptional listener, oral, and written communication
- First-principles problem solver and systems thinker - distills complex problems to their root cause and main drivers and implements a systemic solution
- Resilient and able to work autonomously in the face of ambiguity
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.