Business Process & Operations Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
At Affirm the Business Process and Operations (BP&O) team is responsible for crafting and refining the overarching business operations landscape for the company to optimize value creation across all business lines. We work with all teams at Affirm to drive and enable business growth. We also partner with senior leaders, including the Executive Committee and an array of senior internal partners, to optimize processes and operations for scale, growth, and efficiency. This role reports to the Head of the BP&O team.
The ideal candidate can develop, implement, and maintain programs and processes that support our company strategy. Additionally, they will help drive prioritization, provide visibility across programs, and set program management standards. This role will apply project management tenets and tools to optimize the planning and execution of strategic projects and initiatives.What you’ll do
- Support the BPO strategy and project roadmap to include processes such as the Corporate Weekly Business Review, Corporate Quarterly Business Review, and Corporate Program/Portfolio Review.
- Contribute to business process standardization by sharing insights with business unit counterparts and positively contributing to a culture of operational excellence.
- Support and interact with senior execs and key partners in developing business processes, long-term goals, risk management tools, and facilitate cross-functional team collaboration.
- Support the corporate planning process and be a trusted and critical adviser to the executive leadership and relevant partners during strategy formulation, development, and execution.
- Manage sophisticated, cross-functional initiatives to include ownership of key business reporting processes such as the Weekly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and various performance tracking processes.
- Develop relationships with key partners across the company, including Engineering, Product, Finance, and Commercial teams.
- Run cross-functional team meetings efficiently and optimally, while being able to connect dots and influence key decisions.
- 6-8 years of work experience in management consulting, Program Management, or strategy and operations at a technology company (or similar).
- BA/BS in a relevant field
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships (PMP certification is a plus).
- Experience in applying operational processes efficiency frameworks such as Lean Management, Six Sigma, and other operational efficiency tools.
- Practical working experience in growth strategy implementation, corporate planning, and sophisticated financial analysis.
- Has a strong eye for business as well as hard analytical and financial skills to help craft and iterate our business tracking and reporting processes.
- Demonstrated ability to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of partners.
- Effective and mature communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions.
- Experience in building positive relationships and influencing others (incl. executive audiences).
- Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments!
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.