Chief of Staff to the Chief Product & Experience Officer (CPEO) at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
We are hiring a Chief of Staff to the Chief Product & Experience Officer to partner with him & his leadership team for the Product, Design, & Customer Experience (PDCX) organization. You will facilitate his interactions with other executives and teams (materials preparation, meeting coordination and follow up, reporting, and communication), build strong relationships with the LT & cross-functionally, and lead a portfolio of horizontal & function-specific strategic initiatives (including incubation of key bets for possible graduation & scaling throughout the company).
You will be a strategic thought partner and provide a sounding board while sharing perspectives with the CPEO and LT. Over time, you will develop into a proxy / information funnel as you build a trusted advisor relationship with him & the LT.Overall Job Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of Product & Engineering organizations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that enable preparation of keynotes, all hands, presentations, memos for a range of audiences
- Track record of cross-functional leadership & comfort with partnering with Finance, Legal, Sales, Marketing, HR, Talent Acquisition, etc. to meet the organization’s needs.
- Excellent program/project management skills with the ability to drive complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Ability to think strategically from first principles while leading with a sense of urgency through ambiguities.
- Bias for action and a mentality that no job is too big or too small to be done the right way
- Past experience in a similar role in R&D orgs (bonus for prior product strategy, planning, or operations experience)
- 7+ years of experience in management consulting, private equity, or equivalent experience in a corporate role for a technology company.
- Experience in structuring and executing complex analyses to support strategy in a fast-paced, continually evolving environment.
- Facilitate the shaping of product bets / product discovery
- Be knowledgeable of the overall product roadmap
- Manage strategic planning and budgeting processes
- Work with leaders to develop OKRs, ensure alignment & support measurement
- Manage rhythm and cadences & optimize organizational processes, etc
- Drive customer feedback loops & strengthen integration across the org
- Support continuous improvement in CX-specific processes, tools, & cadences
- Drive tight integration with the rest of the PDCX org & partner functions
- Partner with the New Businesses team to identify the next innovations in the experience
- Support & champion continuous operational improvement and exploration. Partner with the LT to build processes and structures that can scale with the company & organization’s growth
- Identify tools that improve efficiency & alignment org-wide
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.