Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The General Ledger team is a growing sub-team within the Accounting department, responsible for core day-to-day accounting. Working alongside Accounting Operations and Financial Reporting, we ensure all business transactions are recorded accurately and timely, for ultimate reporting to management and investors. The Consolidations Manager is a key player on our team, helping us to fold in new companies into the General Ledger as we grow and expand our business. As we continue to acquire various businesses, we have lots to learn and lots to build, and we hope you’ll join us during this exciting phase!
What you’ll do
- You will manage the process of consolidating subsidiary balances into the parent company, both within and outside our accounting system, NetSuite
- You will coordinate with various cross-functional and external teams during the post-acquisition integrations process
- You will assist in onboarding acquired teams into Affirm month-end and quarter-end close procedures
- You will develop procedures and processes to improve the efficiency and accuracy of consolidation
- You will plan for future consolidation needs and act as the team leader for related goals and resources
What we look for
- You have 6+ years experience in accounting and/or finance, including recent experience in consolidations and foreign currency translations
- You have a CPA license and experience in public accounting, preferably Big 4
- You are highly fluent in accounting software, preferably NetSuite
- You have exceptional project management and communication skills
- You enjoy exercising creativity and resourcefulness in a high-growth environment
- You have a leadership style that demonstrates both humility and conviction
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.