Executive Assistant at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Planet is seeking a thoughtful, diligent, detail-oriented (and fun!) Executive Assistant and Business Partner to support our Chief Revenue Officer, who leads our Global Sales Team.
The role is wide ranging, spanning the basics (calendaring, expenses, flights, etc.) all the way through higher level work: coordinating, producing and follow-ups for WIP meetings, supporting off-sites, quarterly and annual planning activities, attending meetings in the place of the execs, helping our CRO think through strategic and personnel issues, incubating special projects for the execs, and partnering with the Talent team to support headcount alignment. The ideal person is someone with a strong growth mindset who is eager to build a long-term professional and authentic relationship.
Our team of executive operations partners are the critical ties that bind our organization and you would have the opportunity to pair collaboratively with each to ensure the executive team evolves its own team’s culture as you help our execs maintain a focus on what matters most -- our people, our culture and our long term path to achieving our mission.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Be the eyes, ears, hands and heart of our CRO and EMEA based VPs
- Heavy calendar and operational support in an ever changing environment
- Develop and prepare critical content including agendas, presentations, briefing reports, and trainings that help create cohesion and consistency and keep the exec prepared
- Manage domestic and international travel and itineraries
- Collaborate with other executive operations partners so all know exactly how to divide and conquer
What You Bring:
- A passion for people, space, and climate
- 5+ years experience supporting senior executives at a fast-paced growth company
- Demonstrated ability to respond and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Advanced executive support capabilities ranging from travel and accommodations, heavy calendar management, business partnerships and creating presentations
- Maturity, resilience and professionalism working people internal and external high profile people alike, with the confidence to make important critical decisions when required
- Extremely organized with the ability to ensure others around you are as well
- Experience with hyper-proactivity, always anticipating the needs of others
- Strong command for both the fine details and the big picture, keeping priorities in constant shuffle
- Unparalleled verbal and written communication
- Ability to find solutions with minimal direction
- Experience working with software and technologies that create for greater efficiency and resilience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Expert in Google Suites for Work, Zoom, and Powerpoint
- Familiarity working at a global business with multiple offices and timezones
- Strong relationships and leadership within the local EA community for braintrust support
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer RSUs for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Enjoy a spacious central office located in U/S-bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Employees’ well-being is our top priority: on site massages, snacks, fruits, drinks and company lunches
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.