Platform Programs Specialist, Operations & Compliance at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Platform Programs Team is responsible for building and scaling our global mobility, immigration and compliance programs in close coordination with internal partners and external vendors. We're looking for a Specialist to ensure the Platform Programs team is empowered and efficient in their roles and to project manage key aspects of People compliance programs.
As a Platform Programs Specialist you will own improving and maintaining the team’s processes, systems, tools, and policies to provide streamlined and effective processes. You’ll assist in making processes more efficient to help build a proper foundation as we scale. In addition, a key compliance project that you will drive includes the annual curation of country-specific Guides to Affirm (our employee handbook). The Guide serves as a centralized resource that summarizes Affirm's culture, benefits and company policies.
A successful candidate is someone who is a clear technical writer with an eye for efficiency, creativity, and building from the ground up in a fast-paced environment. We need someone with both a strong operational background and cross functional project management experience to optimize existing processes that are in line with our Platform Programs and People Team values and goals.
This position reports to the Manager, Platform Programs (Mobility, Immigration & Compliance) and is based remotely in the US.What You’ll Do
- Project manage the development of country-specific Guides to Affirm (our employee handbook) with internal stakeholders and external partners across policy owners, Legal, Brand Design and translation and localization vendors.
- Run the People Team policy review and approval process.
- Partner across the Platform Programs Team to ensure system compliance and process alignment and optimization.
- Coordinate technology implementations, process and policy development, documentation and launches, and ongoing training.
- Develop and maintain the Platform Programs Team internal wiki to centralize our team’s resources.
- Will take on additional project ownership in the operations and compliance area as team scales to meet company growth needs.
- 4+ years of experience in an operations, knowledge management and/or technical writing role; crafting policies and creating process maps, playbooks, guides and job aids are your passion!
- Experience coordinating the development of global employee handbooks is a plus.
- Strong analytical and project management skills; demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity, design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Expertise leading multiple projects with various stakeholders and varied timelines to drive results.
- The ability to work independently and in partnership with Platform Programs team leaders to scope the upstream and downstream impacts of changes and how to best execute based on those details.
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.