TIP: Virtual Support at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This position is through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
We're looking for a part-time (10-15 hours a week to start / potentially full time) VA to work with the admin team at Upwork Inc.! We’re a distributed team who works together to support the organization.
Performance will be reviewed/discussed on an annual basis to review any wage adjustments. Bonuses could be awarded on a discretionary basis for outstanding performance.
- Assist with Expense Reports via SAP Concur
- Help coordinate team events & off-sites
- Place catering orders
- Internet Research
- Calendar Management, Drafting email correspondence as needed, Travel Arrangements for Executives (flights, hotels, cars, etc.)
- Additional tasks to support the Upwork EA team, as needed
- Excellent calendar management skills
- Must be based in Central or South America
- Fluent in English. Professional level communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- Must be a team player
- Must be highly organized, thrive under pressure, be proactive, flexible, reliable, punctual
- Must use discretion, tact, diplomacy and good judgement
- Must have a sense of passion and ownership for projects and tasks
- Must be available Monday - Friday during normal business hours in Central & Pacific Time. [ 30 min - 1 hour response time to any incoming requests (via email or Slack) from your executive and/or team members during business hours and 12hours max outside of business hours.]
- A fast and reliable internet connection of at least 50 Mbps is required
Nice to have items:
- Experience with Google applications (Slides, Spreadsheets, Docs, Calendar etc) & familiarity with Slack, Zoom
- Tech Savvy & Quick Learner. Easily learns new software and skills
- Not afraid to ask questions
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.