United States Policy Communications Manager at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing Coinbase’s media relations and strategic presence in critical policy debates within DC and key states across the country
- Providing durable and optimized plans to oversee reactive issues management and proactive relationship building with communicators and media in Washington, DC
- Analyzing policy, media, and influencer commentary to provide crisp memos and evaluation for Coinbase’s Director of Global Policy Communications and the wider Coinbase Public Policy team
- Engaging with our communications agency to ensure solid and clear planning processes
- Exploring and implementing data-driven methodologies to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of our work
What we look for in you:
- Operational rigor
- Excellent political judgement
- A strong media and policy network in Washington, DC
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines
- World class verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on approach across writing, social, crisis-response, and proactive communications
- Passion for building a solid and scalable model for media relations in the United States
- Political junkie who is obsessed with news, politics, and the policymaking process
Nice to haves:
- High-level consumer knowledge of crypto
- Experience of working with policymakers in Washington, DC
- Experience managing high-profile political and media crises
- Building measurement and analysis of press and political strategies
- Knowledge and comfortability with digital content strategies across social, blogs, and marketing channels
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.