Senior Technical Program Manager, Open Source at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
The Innovation team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager who has solid experience working with open source communities like WebRTC, Chromium, and Electron, to offer a unique interface to voice RingCentral’s innovation team feedback and socialize within RingCentral the latest from these communities.
The candidate will be also a key leader in delivering special cross-functional internal projects that are highly technical in scope. You will partner closely across all levels within product management, engineering, and other parts of the organization to launch best-in-class features and products. You will also work closely with partners and vendors.
- Create and manage RingCentral's Open Source Feedback Program to offer a unique and efficient communication channel with the WebRTC, Chromium, and Electron communities
- Coordinate & track readiness for all requirements across functional groups including support, training, product management, engineering, operations, business services, billing. Ensure that all teams meet quality and delivery schedules.
- Foresee dependencies, risks, and issues -- build the appropriate program framework for projects and programs to lead the team to deliver quality. Work with stakeholders and teams to troubleshoot issues.
- Communicate system requirements and schedules to facilitate technical readiness with cross-functional and global teams.
- Define project schedules while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value. Organize and lead project status and working meetings. Prepare and distribute progress reports. Manage risks and issues. Correct deviations from plans.
- Communicate with key partners on progress and be involved in building joint plans.
- Drive weekly program reviews and communicate with partners.
- Collaborate closely with product management to build the right solutions and products.
We are looking for a self-starter with a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically. You are able to put a plan together while rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You’re experienced with both External and Internal programs.
- Excellent planning and execution skills. You own and are accountable for delivering the execution of the overall strategy. You see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't. You simplify complex processes. You are exceptional at planning and can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
- Ability to drive and lead cross-functional teams. You are able to lead meetings, drive the teams, and point out issues. You can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. You steadfastly push yourself and others for results while maintaining diplomacy and strong relationships. You love to collaborate with peers, engineers, operations, product managers, executives, and designers and inspire them to do their best.
- Exceptional communication skills. You communicate information and ideas to individuals and teams in an articulate, focused, and compelling way.
- Partner Communications. You have the leadership ability to work with strategic partners and keep them informed of progress.
- Technical experience. You understand engineering delivery processes and can hold your own with developers and product managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, or related field, and equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in Technical Project Management for product development
- Experience in delivering global product solutions and/or with external partners
- Experience in Video / Unified Communications / Cloud / SaaS
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and development individuals at all levels
- Ability to lead and engage individuals and teams located across multiple geographies and or cultures
- Exceptional results in delivering technical solutions to the market
- Experience in using Agile methodologies while managing large, complex projects with multi-function teams is preferred
- Proven experience taking large product releases from planning to launch
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, meditation classes and more
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center, and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.