Director, Strategic Partnerships at Unity Technologies
Unity is looking for an experienced, partner-focused leader who will be the first point of contact for many of our largest technology partners. As a Principal in the Strategic Partnerships team, you will help to identify and drive new partnership opportunities with the world’s leading technology companies to create value for Unity and its developer ecosystem. You will also establish a strong understanding of Unity’s technology and strategy and roadmap, and use it to identify partners who can help accelerate growth or help Unity enter into new markets.
You will work closely with Unity Executives, Product, Engineering, Marketing and other key internal & external stakeholders to build consensus on the ideal partners and partnership models for Unity. You should possess the proven ability to identify and pitch potential partners, develop relationships at executive levels and flawlessly structure and execute complex partnerships.
- Develop a strong understanding of the technology trends in areas that impact Unity and its customers
- Work closely with product and R&D leaders and business unit GMs to develop a shared view of ecosystem opportunities and potential partners
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify new partnership ideas or products; apply a rigorous process to vet new ideas and build a business and partner case
- Assume responsibility for a set of partners in a various categories (Consumer Hardware, 5G, etc.) - identify leaders and build relationships at senior levels
- Develop and test shared success partnership models aimed at creating long term mutually beneficial relationships
- Assess partner needs, manage overall expectations, handle partner inquiries, and resolve partner issues
- Act as an escalation point for the partner to assist in the resolution of technical, support or business issues
- 10+ years of business development / partnership experience
- Current knowledge of the AR/VR/gaming/3D/Hardware/Cloud industry
- Experience working on technology partnerships, strategic partnerships, middleware business development, focused on driving revenue and market share growth
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, comfortable presenting to executives and partners
- Proven ability to structure, negotiate and execute complex strategic partnerships
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to move quickly and build consensus with stakeholders
- Proven ability to lead company wide alignment on partner priorities and activities
- Strong track record of over achieving objectives
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.