Solution Marketing Director, Sales Activation (Remote) at Guild
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
If you are an Internal Candidate, please apply via our Internal Job Board.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
The Solution Marketing Director, Sales Activation is the central owner for Guild’s overall messaging and positioning for employer partners. The Director will create cohesive messaging and positioning that spans Guild’s solutions and industries and ensure it is a strong foundation to customize for specific audiences and channels. Additionally, the Director will conceptualize and create go-to-market assets and collateral (e.g., core pitch deck, demo strategy, depositioning assets) and oversee Guild’s strategy for ensuring that go-to-market teams can easily and quickly access the materials and expertise they need.
Messaging Leadership & Strategy (15%)
- Develop expertise on Guild’s solution, the market, and customers to be the central authority on how we message and position our solution to employers Partner with other Guild Marketing & Brand leaders on Career Opportunity Platform category definition and creation
- Understand nuances of messaging and positioning work from colleagues across Marketing (e.g., verticals, solution zones, across channels, etc) to ensure Guild’s overarching employer-facing narrative accounts for them, and that they are aligned to our overall narrative
- Develop deep relationships with go-to-market leaders (sales, solution consulting) to have a real-time pulse of the sales activation support required by their teams
Go-to-Market Assets and Collateral (65%)
- Serve as the central owner for Guild’s overall employer-facing messaging and positioning – across verticals, solution zones, and channels – to ensure it seamlessly connects and uses one voice
- Conceptualize and own the messaging hierarchy / message housingfor Guild’s employer-facing go-to-market work, including core sales materials such as value propositions, personas, base pitch deck, and resources on how our solution works
- Conceptualize and execute Guild’s solution demo strategy
- Develop a cadence for regularly reviewing and updating core sales materials to identify needs and prioritize creation of additional high-impact employer-facing assets
- Translate competitive insights into positioning for go-to-market teams and client-facing depositioning assets
- Support Guild leadership on other key, scaled external-facing messaging and assets (e.g., creating analyst relations materials)
Information-Sharing Infrastructure (10%)
- Oversee the approach to Guild’s information-sharing infrastructure e.g., (#phone-a-pmm channel, RFP repository, Guild Stats Central) to ensure that go-to-market teams can easily access information and resources in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the Partnerships Enablement team to conceptualize and execute knowledge management strategy and structures
Functional Leadership (10%)
- Support building the culture and operating system for the newly designed Solution Marketing team
- Lead quarterly Sales Activation planning and ongoing prioritization, ensuring that priorities are tightly aligned with go-to-market needs
- Supervise projects of one junior team member, including providing guidance on prioritization and feedback on their work
- Mastery of product/solutions marketing skill set within the context of a b2b business (bonus if within b2b2c)
- Excellent storytelling and written/oral presentation skills–you’ve successfully produced client facing assets and collateral in the form of decks, one-sheets etc.
- Entrepreneurial cross-functional collaboration: skilled at deeply engaging stakeholders, efficiently managing projects, and building new processes to support the work
- Dynamic problem solving and strategic thinking, with deep curiosity and a learning mindset
- Something else? Wonderful, we are curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $145,000 - $190,000 as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth