Vice President, Sales Development
TripActions is looking for a Vice President, Sales Development with a proven track record to join our team, and to substantially scale our growing sales development organization globally. Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of Sales. This leader must have experience building and managing successful multi-channel inbound and outbound sales development teams. Likewise, this person will continue to build upon our current pipeline development strategy while evolving, scaling, and providing definition and implementation of the plan to exceed sales objectives. This sales leader should be accustomed to building sales organizations at scale in a fast paced environment.
The right candidate loves developing leaders, motivating his/her teams and is hyper focused on improving the sales process and conversion rates. Critical to the role is domain expertise in the connection points between sales, marketing and operations. This leader will work closely with senior leaders in sales, marketing, sales operations, marketing operations and recruiting. They will partner with the VP's of Sales to drive the strategy and communication for the sales development team. This role has critical impact on the success of the three selling segments--building upon and evolving strategy and process that supports the growth of TripActions. The right candidate will hold a deep understanding of funnel dynamics and will be be data-driven, able to articulately present to audiences at both the senior leadership levels, and IC levels as well.
- Partner with senior leaders across marketing, sales, sales operations, & enablement to implement and execute TripActions strategy for pipeline generation.
- Be responsible for leading and supporting a rapidly growing teams of leaders and SDRs, across multiple offices and regions.
- Partner directly with marketing on MQL conversion progress through continual review of content and messaging, process and automation, & performance against forecast and targets.
- Drive rigorous execution across multiple teams; utilizing sales automation & funnel management tools to measure KPIs, managing pipeline and forecast.
- Continually coach and develop an already high-achieving team; Inspire and motivate them daily; recognize and reward accomplishments and contributions.
- Achieve near term goals in ensuring SDR team is meeting pipeline expectations while driving towards long term vision.
- Proactively and continually identify opportunities for scale that will increase efficiency and effectiveness of the sales development team and the broader sales team in general.
- Continue to build and strengthen your team through recruiting, hiring, and career development strategies, helping leaders grow into senior leaders, SDRs to transition into Account Executives.
- Responsible for the measurement of performance against org-wide KPIs, presenting to senior leadership on a frequent basis.
- 5+ years of second-line management experience; preferably in high growth startups
- 7+ years of experience in building & scaling sales development organizations in a SaaS and/or subscription based business sales model.
- A passion for leading, coaching and developing leaders and individual contributors to success; helping them advance in their sales careers.
- Outstanding communication skills, written, verbal, in person or on phone.
- Experience selling at a leading tech company and a track record of exceeding quota targets.
- Experience working cross-functionally with marketing, sales, sales operations, & enablement to understand funnel health, implement process for scale, grow pipeline and meet targets.
- Experience in partnership with recruiting to grow the team across multiple locations.
- Experience scaling a team of 200+ SDRs & Managers globally that passionately believes in internal mobility, acting as the entry point for sales and other careers at TripActions;
- Ability to establish a deep understanding of the professional motivators of others, leveraging this knowledge to inspire a team.
- You’re a team player. You're friendly, collaborative, accommodating, coachable, thoughtful, and resourceful. You measure your success by the success of the team around you.
- You have proven leadership experience. Your peers and colleagues look to you to set the example.
Read Full Job Description