TIP: UX Research Recruiter at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This position is through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
As a UX Research Recruiter, you'll join a small team that ensures a highly-distributed team of designers, researchers, and writers can do their best work. Our areas of focus include: how we work together, how we get our work done, and how our work delivers impact. In this role, you'll support our UX Research Team plan for and host studies with Upwork clients and talent that ultimately inform business, product, and design decisions.
Your primary responsibility will be leading the research participant recruitment process, from initial screener outreach and identifying and selecting participants, to building out studies in Usertesting.com and Qualtrics, and scheduling and distributing incentives post-study. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining and growing our customer panel. This is a fast-paced role that balances many dynamic priorities.
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience recruiting and selecting candidates—ideally for UX Research—and an interest in growing in this area
- Experience building out surveys and un-moderated tests on a variety of platforms
- Experience designing and recommending process improvements and relevant tools
- Experience managing multiple projects at once, keeping stakeholders informed, and an attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to own and deliver projects on-time
- Able to work 25-30 hours/week for a long-term contract that will last 12+ months
- Can work during Central/Mountain Time business hours
Nice to Haves (Not Required):
- Has used usertesting.com and/or qualtrics to help build out studies
- Has experience doing research recruitment for a software company
- Has worked in an in-house UX Research team in the tech industry, or a research consultancy, with a project management or operations focus
- Has built trusted partnerships with functions across the organization that your team relies on: Legal, Privacy, Security, Procurement, Finance, etc.
- Has experience tracking and reporting team metrics surrounding recruitment and research impact
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.