UX Research Intern at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
At RingCentral we call our interns RingTerns because, by the end of your 10-week program, you’ll know our culture inside and out. Why is that important? Our culture is what makes RingCentral unique, a place where winning together in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment is what makes us different (and, we like to think, better).
If you are interested in an internship here, chances are you have some relevant skills and are interested in working for a rapidly growing, cloud-based software and communications company. We can teach you the RingCentral-way what we can’t teach, is drive and a passion to succeed.
Here are a few reasons to consider being a RingTern at RingCentral:
1) You have a competitive edge and like to win. Here, you’ll compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off-site excursions and company events. We call it collaborative competition and it’s a great way to experience the way we work.
2) Hyper-growth, for you and your career. RingCentral is growing at an annual rate of 30%. Every year. So now is a great time to join us. It also means there are lots of interesting, real-world challenges to help us solve.
3) Mentors who are in it for you. Our mentors will work with you to help you grow and achieve your goals. No micro-management and no busy-work. The goal is to help you problem-solve and succeed independently.
So, join RingCentral as an intern this summer and discover what it feels like to win, together.
Final Intern Application Deadline: April 23, 2021
RingCentral UX (Medium Blog, Instagram) is a global team of 30+ professionals. Our team works on interaction design, visual design, research, and copywriting. We seek to be an evolving and inclusive UX Team with the people, skills, tools, and processes to inspire and design world-class product experiences while living the RingCentral FITE values. We deliver our initiatives in an environment of collaboration, high productivity, and low drama.
As a UX Research Intern, you will work on conducting research projects to influence how we build delightful products. You will be responsible for furthering our understanding of our users, their needs, and what makes for a delightful experience.
As a successful candidate, you will have corporate experience working with Design and Product partners in creating empathy and uncovering insights. You will tell us stories about how you worked with teams to test and improve different aspects of the user experience. You will demonstrate a passion for research, design, and innovation and you are curious about the customers. You must be able to work under guidance on projects, engage with cross functional teams in the organization from designers, product managers to engineers, and have a strong ability to communicate and socialize results. When you’re done with the internship, you will have created an impact on RingCentral’s user experience research program. You will have gained experience and knowledge with research processes and various methodologies. And you will learn how to advocate for a customer-centric approach to creating and designing products.
As a UX Research Intern you will
- Get an opportunity to conduct research to inform feature priorities for our flagship product
- Learn how to plan and conduct UX Research in the world of remote communication and collaboration
- Assist the RingCentral research and design team in creating empathy for our users
- Broaden your knowledge of cross-functional, agile work
- Learn and implement different research methods with different audiences
- Get to work with an excellent team that is collaborative and supportive of your growth and development
- Experience conducting research in a corporate environment
- Graduate degree (completed Masters or PhD in progress) from an accredited university in Psychology, Sociology, Communication Studies, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Experience on cross-functional research and development teams
- Proficiency in designing usability plans and conducting research, especially interviews; and preferably while remote
- Strong ability to communicate results and translate them into actionable recommendations
- Proficiency with survey design and other quantitative research methods and their analyses
- Proficiency with qualitative methods such as card sorting, heuristics testing
- Experience with other software and skills related to UX Research, such as video editing tools
● Full-time [10-week internship]
● Must be available to start either June 8th, 2021 or June 15th, 2021
Visit the links below to know more about the company, internships and job openings.
About RingCentral - RingCentral’s website
Openings - Job & Internship webpage
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.