MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As an account executive, you will be responsible for developing strategic relationships, closing new business, and expanding existing relationships in the State and Local Government sector. You will work closely with our Business Development and Customer Success teams to drive adoption and advocacy of our platform while engaging with senior stakeholders to drive toward a central buy. In this role, you will:
- Develop your own territory plan and a pipeline that will fuel the growth of your book and business and exceed quarterly and annual goals.
- Manage the complete sales cycle for complex deals, including prospecting new leads, qualifying opportunities, presenting to senior stakeholders and closing business.
- Inherit a book of existing state or local government accounts and partner with Customer Success to expand our footprint.
- Be expected to land new state or local agencies and identify opportunities for expansion into new lines of business.
- Work closely with Marketing and the BDR team to develop account-based marketing and sales plans.
- Build executive alignment with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Educate prospects on product features, benefits, and configuration options.
- Establish and nurture close relationships with champions and stakeholders to develop proposals and business cases for large scale deployments.
- Build a deep understanding of our products and key markets and comfort presenting the full value proposition of our platform to senior level decision makers.
- A minimum of 5 years of sales experience prospecting, selling and closing, direct state and local government agency, government or very complex entities.
- Experience navigating large government stakeholder multi-level organizations.
- Know-how to successfully navigate government procurement processes and certifications.
- Proven sales track record with demonstrated success in achieving/exceeding quotas.
- Experience with B2B solution sales and/or impact selling.
- Experience with following sales processes and using Salesforce CRM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for design, design thinking, agile, and/or lean methodologies
- Experience with land-and-expand motion within large enterprises
- Experience dealing with Legal, Security, and Procurement teams to win deals
- Experience with multi-threaded sales techniques in large enterprises
- Experience with impact selling, solution selling, and/or challenger selling (whiteboard selling a plus)
Top candidates will be:
- An individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who loves taking on a problem and attacking it head-on
- A self-starter looking for a challenge
- A people person, who enjoys helping others find solutions to problems
- Passionate about the intersection of design and technology
- Poised and polished under pressure, and an exceptional communicator
- Comfortable with conversations that may become detailed or technical
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.