About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series B company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
Business Development is at the forefront of new go-to-market initiatives at Aurora. This year's goal is to successfully implement a new channel partner program, working with customers as well as third parties, to grow the pipeline and revenue for Aurora. The ability of the Business Development manager to work cross-functionally inside Aurora and outside with partners will be critical to the program's success. In addition, Business Development is involved in multiple other company activities, bringing variety and scope to this role.
We are a diverse team that’s passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Partnership implementation - work cross-functionally to create and prioritize programs and processes for monetizing partnerships
- Troubleshoot and improve program performance where needed
- Work directly with partners to achieve mutual success
- Macro research - Strategic study of solar industry and beyond, including market economic research (TAMs, trend analysis, broad industry projections)
- Micro research - identify partnership targets, conduct in-depth company/organization research, assess inbound inquiries
- Financial modeling - detailed financial examination
What we value:
- Ability & experience mapping, implementing and troubleshooting processes that achieve desired goals
- Successful background in Sales, Business Development, or Channel Marketing/Sales
- Experience successfully directing multi-functional teams internally and with external partners
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Quantitative, investigative mindset
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid skills in Excel or Google sheets, project management software, PowerPoint or Google Slide
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently, our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to connecting with you soon.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
Read Full Job Description