Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic customer success leader to lead the Planet Customer Success Strategy and Operations Team in our fast growing customer success team (60+ members across Professional services, CSM and Tech Support). You will play a critical role in helping Planet make the leap to the next generation of customer success by championing data based decision making, strategic initiatives, tools (like Gainsight), automation and continuous improvement.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Build a talented team to increase productivity and effectiveness of customer success team and maximize the positive impact on our customers and to the business
Drive customer and operational insights and analytics to inform key business decisions
Leverage technology to focus the team on the highest impact actions and minimize low value “work”
Leverage best in class customer success strategies to continuously uplevel our team and our impact
What You Bring:
- Hire and grow a diverse global team of CS Ops professionals ranging from business strategy to technical
- Work closely with others in the CS leadership team team to identify, prioritize and drive forward customer success strategy programs
- Champion Customer Success and Customer Centricity across all divisions within the company to transform Planet into a true customer centric organization.
- Develop and refine a process for forecasting renewals, expansions, and professional services bookings
- Lead the evolution of CS practice through playbooks, customer value templates etc.
- Manage the CS toolset (Currently: Gainsight, Salesforce, Zendesk) and identify new tools. Specialize in finding technical solutions to maximize CS productivity
- Development and management of reporting to track leading indicators of renewal, upsell and customer value
- Look ahead… craft long term strategic plans around staffing, team structure, and future visions for the Planet Customer Success Team
What Makes You Stand Out:
- 8+ years in Customer Success or related position
- Extensive experience with Customer Success Methodologies
- 5+ years management experience building world class teams
- Comfortable working with financial and forecast models
- Previous success driving transformational change
- Experience with Gainsight is a +
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.