Manager, Mid Market Sales at Affirm
As the Mid Market Sales Manager, you will be a key leader on Affirm's sales leadership team responsible for driving the expansion of one of Affirm's most successful and rapidly-growing verticals.
You will operate on the front-lines and be closely engaged with the market - developing and establishing relationships with leaders at multi-million dollar merchants. You will manage a team tasked with applying a consultative approach to identify products and services needed by merchants; driving loan volume and revenue via new deals in an efficient timeframe; and, building Affirm's market position with strategic targets, some of which work with the traditional financing incumbents today.
Your role directly impacts and advises top-priority, company-wide goals and will influence the long-term success of the organization! Affirm's products are seen by hundreds of millions of people - delivering an outstanding customer experience, while building mutual value and driving business results for our partners
You're an inventive leader who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role calls for outstanding communication skills, as you will represent Affirm at a senior level to relevant merchants and will also provide detailed feedback from merchants to internal cross-functional partners to drive initiatives forward. You will need excellent leadership skills to lead a team of senior sales executives!
What you'll do
- Manage the Mid Market Sales team
- Build and nurture positive relationships with strategic prospective merchants, partnering to find solutions to provide financing to their customers and grow their business.
- Ensure excellent service and communication from Affirm to our partners; ensure excellent representation of our partners to our internal teams.
- Execute on goals [quarterly/annual] for new deal signings and launches.
- Mentor and coach Account Executives.
- Remote First; SF, NY, CHI preferred.
What we look for
- A curious, entrepreneurial leader with plenty of grit, analytical prowess, creative thinking, and initiative. A leader who has a deep understanding of our retail partners' needs.
- 7+ years of solution selling, 2+ years of management experience, management consulting or strategic operations with a digital/financial product.
- Must have a consistent track record of selling into large merchants.
- Must have experience in Retail and/or Credit and Payments landscape.
- Communication & Relationships: Highly developed social skills and ability to establish relationships both internally and with C-level decision makers at our merchants.
- Analytical: Understands P&L and quantitative levers used by our merchants.
- Collaborative: Outgoing teammate who enjoys working cross-functionally and building relationships.
- Proactive Leadership: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, and navigates ambiguity.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA48
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.